Is there such a thing as a cameraless Treo 600 for GSM, specifically T-Mobile? I searched threads here and found only references to Verizon and Sprint w/o camera.
    havent heard of one.

only seems to be for the cdma carriers.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I sent a message to PalmOne Mon. with this very questions and here is the reply I rec'd:

Dear David:

Thank you for contacting palmOne™ Technical Support. My name is Aira and I will be assisting you with the no camera Treo™ 600 smartphone.

There is no GSM Treo 600 smartphone that has no camera; only the CDMA (Sprint) has a no camera Treo 600 smartphone.

On June 02, 2004, Sprint began selling a Sprint branded Treo 600 smartphone without a camera. Business customers have requested a no-camera Treo 600 for use in secure or sensitive buildings, government facilities and areas where cameras are not allowed. palmOne is shipping this no-camera Treo 600 now to Sprint only.

· The difference between the Treo 600 and Treo 600 no camera SKU is the lack of a camera. Units are currently shipping in the same box, as the original Treo 600 with a sticker stating "No Camera" The software on the unit is unchanged.

· In the “Pictures” application there is a camera icon, what happens if you select this icon is it will generate an error message: "Error: The camera driver was no found or could not be loaded." This is normal behavior.

I advise you to contact Sprint to this number (800) 974-2221 for the availability of Treo 600 smartphone with no camera.

We hope this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. A Customer Satisfaction Survey will be emailed to you very shortly. Please take time to provide us with your feedback about this support experience as it will help us in our on-going effort to continually improve our services.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. You can also find troubleshooting articles and frequently asked questions at:

http://kb.palmone.com

To learn more about palmOne handhelds, please visit our support web site at:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/

Thank you for choosing palmOne.

Sincerely,

Aira

palmOne Technical Support

While every effort has been made to ensure the advice or information provided to you by our Technical Support Center is correct at the time of transmission, palmOne does not accept any responsibility for errors or omissions. Any advice or information provided by palmOne to you via any form of communication is not a guarantee that it will correct your problem; it is only offered as assistance to you. You are advised to back up all data stored on your product on a regular basis and always before changing software configuration or, when possible, before sending the product for repair. palmOne will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, faults, loss of data or other reactions suffered as a result of advice or information supplied. No written advice or information sent to you by palmOne may be resent, distributed or posted on any media accessible to the public (including, but not limited to, any Internet site or bulletin board) without palmOne's prior written consent.

--- Original Message ---
    Organizer Type: Visor Pro
    Operating System: Windows XP Pro
    General Issue: Other issue
    First Name: David
    Last Name: Evers
    Email: evers@battelle.org
    Phone: xxx.xxx.xxxx
    Serial Number: AKBM22670017
    Inquiry: Applications on the handheld device
    Connection Type: IR
    Sync Software: Chapura PocketMirror
    PIM: Outlook 2002
    Subject: Is there a Treo 600 device without a camera for a GSM carrier?
    Detailed Description: I cannot carry a camera at my place of employment. I have service through a GSM carrieir (T-mobile), and am happy with it. I have been unable to find any information on your Web site that states whether a non-camera GSM version of the Treo 600 exists. My suspicion is that it does not. I would love to upgrade from my VisorPhone, but am finding it difficult to locate a new phone, and may need to consider othre options.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    When I called AT&T and ordered my Treo about a month ago, I was asked if I wanted a camera or non-camera version. In light of the previous post, I would assume that AT&T might be the only GSM provider that is offering the non-camera version.