1.    #1  
    I have auto dimming off, yet the screen still shuts off. Any ideas on how to prevent that, and for the screen to shut off only when I hit the power button?

_dan
    .:UNEASYsilence:.
    do you have another app trying to turn the screen off?
    - Or are you coming up against the auto-off timer (e.g. after x seconds of 'inactivity')

How quickly does the screen turn off?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    do you have another app trying to turn the screen off?
    - Or are you coming up against the auto-off timer (e.g. after x seconds of 'inactivity')

How quickly does the screen turn off?
    No - Just Phone Technician. Is there another app that does that?

And I have only Enable screen off during calls checked. The timer is disabled.

I have auto dimming off, yet the screen still shuts off. Any ideas on how to prevent that, and for the screen to shut off only when I hit the power button?

_dan
    .:UNEASYsilence:.
    I'm wondering if this is just the auto-off timer kicking in (you will have it set in prefs/general to 30s, 1m, 2m or 3m). Does this chime with the timing you're getting?

If this is the culprit, then there isn't an immediate fix.
    Hobbyist Software
  5.    #5  
    Yes, the timing makes sense. but I have the auto diabled. hmmmm. Any ideas, I love the screen off feature, but I need the screen on longer then 30 seconds.
    set your auto off preference to 2 or 3 mins then...?

Preferences/General
    - remember this is not phone technician turning the screen off - it just makes it possible for you to do so.
    Hobbyist Software
  7.    #7  
    Gotcha!