1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed a severe lack of quality on the sprint treo 600, both with and without a headset? it seems like the speaker quality is an order of magnitude worse than my old LG cell phone, with the sound coming out very tinny and sometimes sounds like it's maxing out the tiny little speaker.
    I've been using a Sprint Treo 600 since last September (ultra-early adopter) and have had no problem with the phone audio quality. It may just be your particular handset.
    ----------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl

Handheld Evangelist
    Sprint Treo 600

From The Mind of Mike...
    Quote Originally Posted by TerpFan
    I've been using a Sprint Treo 600 since last September (ultra-early adopter) and have had no problem with the phone audio quality. It may just be your particular handset.
    Nope...its generally accepted by some that the phones sound sucks. Ive gotten used to it in the last 9 months but at first it was a real shocker...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    yeah, the phone quality on mine sucks as well. but it's acceptable. sucked on my 7 treo 300's and on my 3 treo 600's..but i still use a treo.

i try to use a headset wherever possible and it helps.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Strange that there is such variance, I have had the chance to use 5 Treo600's including my own. The sound quality has been very good on each of them when using it as a phone. I actually thought that it was generally accepted that the T600 had good sound quality. I haven't had a chance to really test the reception strength on any of them but my own, and I get very good reception. The speaker-phone could be better but it is at least passable.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Strange that there is such variance, I have had the chance to use 5 Treo600's including my own. The sound quality has been very good on each of them when using it as a phone. I actually thought that it was generally accepted that the T600 had good sound quality. I haven't had a chance to really test the reception strength on any of them but my own, and I get very good reception. The speaker-phone could be better but it is at least passable.
    You're right on this, it IS generally accepted that the sound quality on the Treo is pretty good. Mine is no exception, I've got a Sprint Treo and while the sound quality isn't the best I've ever heard, it's really quite good.
    The reception seems every bit as good as my Sanyo 4900 - which is often regarded as one of the best Sanyo phones for reception. (which is saying something, since Sanyo's in general are considered tops for reception)
    I thought sprint prided itself on "crystal clear" calls?

"... and the crystal clear quality you`ve come to expect from sprint...etc"

my quality on the sprint treo 600 is pretty decent. ive had trouble with headset sound quality, but not really an issue with the handset.

maybe its a regional issue.
    Ha! Read this post I placed here last week! Again; the whole speaker system on this smartphone/PDA is jacked up!
    See this link here!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=54595
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroTreo
    Ha! Read this post I placed here last week! Again; the whole speaker system on this smartphone/PDA is jacked up!
    See this link here!
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=54595
    yeah, but that's about the speaker eventually dying completely. my problem is that my brand-new treo has really terrible audio quality.
    I have had great sound quality with my Treo 600. Best phone I have ever had. No complaints from me. Compared to some of the phones I have had in the past this is heads above the rest.
    Isn't there a sound quality upgrade in the 1.2 update? BTW I recently had my TREO replaced but now I can't tell if it has the update already installed or not... how can I tell? The OS version it is reporting is 5.2.1
    He who dies with the most toys is still dead ;-)
    I have a Sanyo 5300, which is widely regarded as one of the best Sprint phones every.. and with good reason. It has great call quality.

I recently got the upgrade bug and am currently trying out the Treo 600 and RL-7300. I can say that the earpiece on the Treo is no where near as good as the 5300 or 7300.

Voices sound a bit compressed and certainly not a clear as the other two phones I have.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by induna
    Isn't there a sound quality upgrade in the 1.2 update? BTW I recently had my TREO replaced but now I can't tell if it has the update already installed or not... how can I tell? The OS version it is reporting is 5.2.1

##786
    Sweet, thanks Is3mach - looks like I don't have to upgrade it.
    He who dies with the most toys is still dead ;-)