1.    #1  
    I did a search on this site. I could not get a specific answer. How can I block the SMS messages coming from being viewed (not by locking my phone with a password)?
    My wife has been picking up my phone lately and reading my message chats LOL.

T-Mobile USA/Treo 600 GSM unlocked -SW 1.12 -ROW FW 3.05
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)
    Maybe you can lock access to the SMS application using AppLock.
    Playa, playa! I actually want to find the same kinda thing. Something that can lock my contacts, call log, and sms without locking the whole phone or hiding/masking all that info. All i know of is that program that will erase your whole phone when you send a specific sms to your phone. If you find anything, let me know!
  4.    #4  
    I'm still clueless! How can I 'lock down' text coming into my phone without locking the whole phone? Wifey picks up the phone sometime when I'm in another room...boom! She gets the urge to click on the message that just came while the phone was NOT in my hands! She begins to 'enjoy' the chat I had going earlier (U know what I mean!)
    So please; I beg... keep the wise cracks to a minimum and let me know how to keep my SMS 'private'!
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroTreo
    ... keep the wise cracks to a minimum and let me know how to keep my SMS 'private'!
    C'mon now, you go to a public forum an insuate that your cheating on your wife, asking for help on how to hide it....gotta expect to get your chops busted a little.

I'm still clueless! How can I 'lock down' text coming into my phone without locking the whole phone? ... let me know how to keep my SMS 'private'!
    Search for Treohelper(free) or callshield. I believe both can suppress the pop-up and/or delete incoming sms messages. If suppressed, you can still view them later.

-Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Go and sin no more...

If you have something to hide, maybe you shouldn't be doing it?

Seriously, there are application specific locks that you can use to keep prying eyes out of your sensitive data. Just look-up security utilities on PalmGear.
    ----------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl

Handheld Evangelist
    Sprint Treo 600

From The Mind of Mike...
    I would also like some info like this,I would like to cover the name and the # of an incomeing call, ans to hide #'s in my contacts whi;e still showing the name.
    Try Call Shield Pro. It has an option to supress SMS messages. Ben
    Yes, CallShield is the thing to get. You will just get a flashing icon but no popup. You can set it to suppress popups on SMS messages. It is an awesome program.
    I'm still clueless! How can I 'lock down' text coming into my phone without locking the whole phone? Wifey picks up the phone sometime when I'm in another room...boom! She gets the urge to click on the message that just came while the phone was NOT in my hands! She begins to 'enjoy' the chat I had going earlier (U know what I mean!)
    So please; I beg... keep the wise cracks to a minimum and let me know how to keep my SMS 'private'!
    Sounds like it'd be a lot easier to lock your wife up instead!

Sorry......couldnt resist that!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I DO care that my co-workers will say, "Cool, a Treo!" and then promptly read my SMSes. Sure, I tell them to bugger off, but that's not always a good solution.
    Also .....if you are using a SPRINT Treo 600, with the new phone updater 1.20, now SMS prefrences include a 'privacy mode' option. You will still get the pop up screen, but the actual text will be hidden.
    BUTTERCUP
    Anyone know if this SMS blocking feature is in the new CallFilter update coming this week? Anyone able to spare a copy? Please, please, please??????????????????????????????
    Callfilter was promising this feature when I first got mt Treo in Nov 2003. I would be shocked to ever see it at this rate.
    BUTTERCUP
    Is this vaporware or what? I want a copy badly!!!!
    No. It's not vaporware. Be patient and you will be rewarded.

You can follow this thread or check this front page for the release this week.