Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried e books on T 600. How good is it. What is the best reader for using on T600? Have never used e books and about to take atrip where it might be nice to have e books on T 600.

Thanks.
    I use PalmReader and have been very happy with it. Possible to take several books on a trip with no weight or size. Also can read in bed w/o disturbing wife.
    Laissez Faire
    I'm fairly new to reading ebooks, and I think it works just fine on the Treo 600. I use eReader (used to be PalmReader I believe), which has some nice features and works for me. I got it for a good price as part of the www.ereader.com sale that went on for most of July.
    same here-ereader is good; ebook choices are extensive.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    I used PalmReader to read parts 1,2, and 4 of the dark tower series. No problems.
    Same here - eReader Pro, works great for trips and at night. I use it a lot.

I used the trial version - at the end I received an emailed discounted offer to purchase eReader w/ a pocket dictionary and several books. I don't know if the timing of the offer was planned, but I'd advise waiting for it (I think the price went from $24 to $12, but I could be wrong).

The PalmReader web site has good discounts, and a google search on "free palm ebooks" or something similar will get you to some decent free sites.
  7.    #7  
    thanks. helpful.
    ereader's on sale right now! get it while it's hot!!
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    I have Palmreader. You can get the basic version for free, so it was a no-brainer. Works quite well.
    Agreed, eReader is great
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Some ebook resources to get you started.

eReader
    FictionWise
    Memoware

I'm sure others have more to add to the list.
    Has anyone tried Mobipocket?
    If so... what did you think?

I see that most... No wait... everyone that replied uses ereader.
    And by the way...
    A little off topic...
    but...

IvyRose is FINE!
    palmreader for me
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me the difference between ereader and ereader pro? (other than $10 and a dictionary)
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I use PalmReader - it's free and so far has elegantly opened every eBook I've ever tried. By the way, I'm a writer myself and offer all of my books for free in .pdb format at my site:

http://www.jasonpettus.com/ebooks

The .pdb versions are not ZIPped, which means that Treo owners can directly download the files from their device. (There are also .pdf versions there for desktops, and .lit for...shudder...PocketPC.)
    I use MobiPocket and eReader - both are free and both work fine for me!
    TiBR is my choice. It supports external fonts, and has re-configurable buttons. I have mapped the volume up and down buttons as page up and down.

Also, the light version (plenty good) is FREE!
    I installed the free version of MobiPocket in order to read the 9-11 report and it works ok for me. I do have and extensively use EReader Pro and have oh, about 25 or so ebooks on the SD card. Ben
    I've found that if I install ebooks directly to the card, I can read them from the card. If I install them to the Treo and then move them to the card with Filez, I cannot read them from the card but must move them back to the palm to read them.
    Laissez Faire
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast