1.    #1  
    Supposedly Palm Movie Maker 1.4 is compatible with the Treo 600. Has anyone tried it out? Looks pretty promissing.

--TechDude
    It works but that's about all I can say about it. It really needs 8MB free of internal memory which makes it unacceptable for me.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I decided to give it a go myself and I'd say it's pretty lousy for $15. I like Ryan's app better.

I was hoping since it offered compression that it might allow for longer videos by using the memory card, but no go.

I also REALLY don't like the way you have to switch to the camera application to start recording. How cheap is that? At least build a preview window and all that into your app.

It looked promising because of the abilities it had to use compression, and actually edit the video on the Treo. But after using it for a couple of minutes I can't see myself ever using it again until they integrate everything into the actual application. Even then I'm not sure it offers enough extra functionality to make me want to pay $15 for it.

--TechDude
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    Yeah I decided to give it a go myself and I'd say it's pretty lousy for $15. I like Ryan's app better.

I was hoping since it offered compression that it might allow for longer videos by using the memory card, but no go.

I also REALLY don't like the way you have to switch to the camera application to start recording. How cheap is that? At least build a preview window and all that into your app.

It looked promising because of the abilities it had to use compression, and actually edit the video on the Treo. But after using it for a couple of minutes I can't see myself ever using it again until they integrate everything into the actual application. Even then I'm not sure it offers enough extra functionality to make me want to pay $15 for it.

--TechDude
    try Live! from www.toysoft.ca alot of features like export to avi, jpg and sound.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca