1.    #1  
    I just went through days of agony with 4 different treo 600's, all ceasing to hotsync, resulting in a 'USB device not recognized' message.

I finally narrowed it down to a Jetech car charger that I bought -- that is what would kill the USB interface. And only on my 2004 land rover, not on an '03 mercedes or '00 isuzu trooper.

So be very wary of cheap chargers on ebay...especially you land rover owners!!
    This is true for any device, PDA, cell phone etc. It's always better to stick to OEM when it comes to auto charging devices.

I have a friend who fried two SE p900s using an after market car charger.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    My Treo actually came with a big warning flyer in the box warning against using non-OEM car chargers. Guess they weren't kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    My Treo actually came with a big warning flyer in the box warning against using non-OEM car chargers. Guess they weren't kidding.
    So to clarify, how do we tell if our charger is the correct one? Im after an auto charger but on eBay most say : "suitable for Treo 270,300,600" . Im pretty sure thr 600 needs a unique charger. Anyone shed any light on this? Thanks.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Ice Blade - did the Treos you had the problems with recover or were they toast?