4 Treo's in 9 months. Like a bad marriage. Phone started flashing. Hard reset only way out. Sprint told me to back up the handspring folder with a different name and uninstall Palm Desktop then reinstall it and sync and all should be fine. Well the "backup" folder in my user name folder works fine with the install tool, however the actual handspring folder has many types of extensions and are not compatible with the palm extension, like .DAT or .BAK Files (address and Memo).
Screen says these types of files need to go to my 256 Mb card. They were never there in the first place and when I attempt to send them their now they do not go. The "View Log" after a hot sync says there was an error transferring to the card. My card is a "PNY" unlocked 256 mb card withan "SD" logo on the top. I have been told by Sprint that the card should work. The phone over rides the Palm Desktop as far as syncing new info. Maybe in this case there is some type of software for the Palm to read these unreadable file extensions. Or If there is a setting to put the Palm Desktop as the priority instead of the handheld when you have to reinstall. Why the back up folder icons are compatible with the Palm Desktop install tool but the HANDSPRING folder is not and has much more data than the back up, including contacts, memo's etc. I am tired of attempting a simple procedure and having the handheld flash as I am almost done installing from the backup folder. Another “HARD RESET” Insanity at it's finest. Trying to Isolate a possible 3rd party software that shorts the phone out is time consuming. Also the address files are supposed to go on the card but they do not. I have been told to keep the card out by Sprint level 2 while hot syncing. That is laffable if the card needs to be present to install the weird extensions...