Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all, I have a quick question for you. After I send a text message (successfully) it plays the mp3 that sounds when I recieve a text message. It is very annoying and I tried everything to turn it off. If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jim
  2.    #2  
    Anyone have any ideas? Like I said I tried everything and can not make it stop. If anyone has had this problem and has resolved it let me know.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Sounds to me like a hardware error. You couldn't get another Treo to play a sound on send if you tried! Have you contacted PalmOne, or wherever you bought your Treo?
  4.    #4  
    Not yet. I didn't think it was a hardware issue. I got it from Verizon direct a month ago. Phone works fine but, that really annoys me lol. Think I sould uninstall Light Wav and reinstall it?
    First off try upgrading to the latest version of Lightwav (3.0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Juice
    Hey all, I have a quick question for you. After I send a text message (successfully) it plays the mp3 that sounds when I recieve a text message. It is very annoying and I tried everything to turn it off. If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jim
    do you have any sound assigned for Repeat in the Alarms tab screen?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Why do you have version 2.3?
    Don't tell me you downloaded it from the crack sites?

If you did, then that's your problem right there.
    When these geniuses patch, crack (or whatever they call it) softwares, they normally end up corrupting the files which bring out bugs that the original software may not have had.

My advice, purchase your self a copy...it's not worth the harassment
  8.    #8  
    Well I bought it from Palm Gear not a "crack site". I payed the full amount (actually spent about $60 just buting software lol). I emailed Toysoft about the problem. I will let you all know the end result.
    Yes do...they are very good at solving issues and are very reliable.
    Also, make sure you tell him that you want to get the upgrades.
    (I thought you automatically get the upgrades but I could be wrong).
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Yes do...they are very good at solving issues and are very reliable.
    Also, make sure you tell him that you want to get the upgrades.
    (I thought you automatically get the upgrades but I could be wrong).

Not to sound like the ToySoft fan club or anything, but JoJo is right on the money here. I've found that Danny really goes out of his way to help his customers, and wants his products to be the best they can be.

Could be the major difference in a single developer company like ToySoft and some of the big companies where they don't know you and don't care.
  11.    #11  
    Well after some email back and forth Toysoft sent me the upgrade. It is now currently installed on the phone. Unfortunetly, my problem is not solved...it still plays the song after a message has been sent. Should I try contacting Palm or someone different? Anyone think a hard reset will cure it?

Thanks again,
    Jim
    Should I try contacting Palm or someone different? Anyone think a hard reset will cure it?
    I don't think Palm will help you since it's third party software you're having the issue with.
    Well after some email back and forth Toysoft sent me the upgrade. It is now currently installed on the phone. Unfortunetly, my problem is not solved...it still plays the song after a message has been sent. Should I try contacting Palm or someone different? Anyone think a hard reset will cure it?

Thanks again,
    Jim

Hard reset can't hurt as long as you have everything backed up.
  14.    #14  
    Did the hard reset...same result. I am guessing the initial thought of hardware problems is a possability. I have insurance from Ausrion (insurance co. that VZW offers) would I get a refurbished model or a new one??

Thanks,
    Jim
    All replacements are refurbished...but don't worry...many in here have been a lot more satisfied with a refurbished than their previous new.

You should consider emailing Danny again and telling him what's the problem.
    All he did was give you an upgrade...it didn't guarantee that the problem would be solved. Maybe if you guys can pinpoint what the issue is, he can help you with a solution.
    Did the hard reset...same result. I am guessing the initial thought of hardware problems is a possability. I have insurance from Ausrion (insurance co. that VZW offers) would I get a refurbished model or a new one??

Thanks,
    Jim
    before you do anything disable lwav and see if the problem persists. it could well be 3rd party software. if you send step by step instruction on how to duplicate the error may be we can try to duplicate the problem. send it to support@toysoft.ca
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  17.    #17  
    I think it is the phone. After disabling Light Wav I set the SMS tone as one of the default ringers. After I sent the message I turned the screen of; in about 10 seconds the unit lit back up (as it did with Light Wav) but, played no sound. I have reason to be this is the culprit. I checked everything in the phone and there does not seem to be a feature to disable that.

Jim
    I think it is the phone. After disabling Light Wav I set the SMS tone as one of the default ringers. After I sent the message I turned the screen of; in about 10 seconds the unit lit back up (as it did with Light Wav) but, played no sound. I have reason to be this is the culprit. I checked everything in the phone and there does not seem to be a feature to disable that.

Jim

Do you have Butler installed? Butler tends to turn the screen on, and it does control sounds. I found that when this happens with Butler, delete, reinstall works.
  19.    #19  
    I do have Butler installed. I deleted it and its the same thing. I really don't understand it, makes no sense at all too me.
    I do have Butler installed. I deleted it and its the same thing. I really don't understand it, makes no sense at all too me.
    you can always try doing a cold reset and starting from nothing and see what the problem is.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast