1.    #1  
    I've been using TripPilot for the past 4 months. Initially it worked great with my Sprint T600. About 3 weeks later it started to have network timeouts when downloading routes. Subsequently I replaced by T600 for the dreaded network searching problem, still having issues with TripPilot.

Funny thing, I've used the program with my GSM T600 (yep, have two of them!), using T-Zones, no problems, downloads everything quickly.

Is anyone else using TripPilot with Sprint T600 and if so, are you having problems?

Thanks
    what is trippilot? sorry for the dumb question
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Hi BoeingPilot, I use it here in Europe.
    Sometimes thesame happens to me, but it start by itselve again.
    From 8.-15.8.2004 I will use it with a rent car in Italy, specially in the toscana.
    I hope it works well.
    I will inform here after that.
    by
    Walter from HMC
    wisdom is born by questions
    The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe
    I just looked into their website. I am very interested in this product. What GPS are you using with it and the Treo 600 in the US please?

G
  6.    #6  
    I'm using it with a Radio Shack digitraveler, a serial sync cable and homemade adapter cable.

Works great when I can download routes!
    Hi, Here in Europe (Germany) i use this Bundle
    http://www.palmandmore.de/Produkte/f...00419380209162
    and its a GPS-mouse from http://www.navilock.de
    Have a look there.
    Walter from HMC
    wisdom is born by questions
    The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe
    Based on this thread, I downloaded the demo. Can anyone tell me how to configure it to use the native internet connection instead of looking for an external modem?
  9.    #9  
    The problems I've had has been using the sprint network in PA, NJ & NY. On vacation in Charleston SC, it works with no problem.

Overall Vision appears to be quicker here. I would conclude that something is screwy with the Sprint network up north.

Oh well...
    OK, I played with it. Beautiful graphics, but I'll probably stick with Mapopolis since it supports on-the-fly rerouting if you deviate from the route. It also is easy to use the current GPS position as the starting point of a new route. It isn't pretty, but it does the job. TripPilot seems to download the best route and expect you to follow it.
  11.    #11  
    True, it's not the most flexible (as Mapopolis). However having to download the correct maps for Mapopolis is a pain. Additionally, not all Mapopolis maps support GPS. (For example, Lancaster PA)

The biggest advantage for TripPilot is that you can get maps for all of the US and much of Europe on the fly. For someone who travels as much as I do, this is great. For example, was in Boston the other day, and even though I didn't have my GPS, I at least could get directions while walking through town. Same thing last week in Charleston. The good thing is that you don't have to plan ahead to use the service.

Just my 2 cents