1. RH1
    I am hoping to get the Treo Ace on Cingular when it comes out. The two functions that I want are the ability to make calls and to check/send email. In terms of email, I have a POP 3 account at work. I would like to be able to download it to the treo and also to the laptop. On the laptop, I don't delete any email. On the treo, I would like to delete so it doesn't take up too much space. I remember when I had a pocket pc, when I deleted them from the pocket pc, it also deleted them from my notebook. To sum up, my questions are:

1) Can I download POP mail to the Treo and also download it to me laptop so that I don't have mail in two places?

2) Can I delete mail from the Treo and not have it delete from my laptop when I sync them?

Thanks,
    Robert
    Like gadgets or collectibles? Come check out our forums!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have a similar setup with my laptop and treo... to solve this problem, on my Treo I set my Palm Mail accounts to "Leave mail on server" under View -> Edit Accounts -> Advanced tab. (I did not enable this feature on on my laptop's email client)

So now, when I'm at work and my laptop is on, everything goes there. But when I turn my laptop off, everything shows up on my Treo. Next morning at work, all of the rec'd emails show up on the Laptop since Palm Mail never deletes them from the Pop server.

-Randy
    The mail app that comes with the Treo downloads message from the mail server. You can check off and option so that when the treo checks the mail all messages are left on the server. Also there is an option so that when you delete a mail you can choose to delete the mail from the server or just from the treo. So yes, the treo can do what you want it to do.

That is the built in app. The 3rd party software can do the same thing and are heads and shoulders above the native mail app. Check out Snapper Mail and Chatter.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  4. RH1
    Thanks all! This place is great! Now I just have to wait for the Ace!

Thanks,
    Robert
    Like gadgets or collectibles? Come check out our forums!