1.    #1  
    I finally broke down and had a Verizon Treo shipped to me on Friday.

I'm using Goodlink through my firm and so far I've been quite happy with it this weekend - the coverage is many times better than the coverage on the T-Mobile Blackberry 7230 I had been using.

I've been following along here for several weeks, and have seen lots and lots of technical problems early on in the devices' lives.

My question is - what are the things you wished that someone had told you to check out before your 2 week trial period was over?

Thanks,
    Greg
    After you use the Treo 600 you cannot go back to the 180 or 270! I cannot even look at them now! hehe

I'm all around happy with my investment.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Be prepared for the fun of beta software (early buyer of a Treo 600). Lots of good apps to spend money on and bunches of free ones that are worth looking at. Difficult decisions on what to buy (hence purchasing similar products). How much time it takes to read an ebook when "on the go." How much and what kind of stuff to put on an SD card. Never had a second thought about the purchase. Make sure the Treo is securely clipped on the belt. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by greg99
    My question is - what are the things you wished that someone had told you to check out before your 2 week trial period was over?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hmmm...the amount of $$$ I was going to spend to get the phone working the way I wanted (and still discovering lots of apps). But I am extremely happy about it.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Try to forget you had Blackberry functions.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Try to forget you had Blackberry functions.
    Thanks for the input.

Actually, since I'm using Goodlink, it's very similar to the BB experience.

Any technical issues people would warn about?

Greg
    Decide whether you really want the camera. I'm still in my 2 week Verizon trial period and I'm thinking about switching to the non-camera version when available, soon I think.
    I would expect you will see dramatically worse battery performance on the Treo, especially with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg99
    Any technical issues people would warn about?

Greg
    To answer you original question, many of them are posted here but some are:

1. Buzzing in the ear piece
    2. Dead speaker phone
    3. Dead pixels
    4. Constant network search issue
    5. Resetting for no apparant reason

Just to name a few.
    Being a week old Verizon Treo User (VTU) I can say that so far my hardware has worked great. I know from reading these boards that sometimes it takes a while, maybe a month or so, for some of these problems to pop up. Here's to hoping that Verizon waited long enough to make sure their hardware issues aren't repeated like Sprint, AT&T and T-Mob's users were.