Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I got a replacement 600 because of a connector problem. BTW, I have found PalmOne to be extremely helpful and fair regarding any issues with Treos. The one page directions for changing the GSM sim were very specific about not switching the sim door which was not the same as my current 600. It was on the back just above the connector and apparently had the IME number on the door which explains the direction not to switch the door which is not an issue with the original Treo 600. This may be old news, I'm not sure if it has been reported, but I found it interesting. It may signal using the "old" sim slot for something else, Bluetooth chip maybe?

Off subject, my Treo seems to hang when things get a bit busy with switching calls and I need to reset to get functionality back. I use a lot of time, 6,000 minutes/mo. and average 85 calls/day with many stacking up at the same time causing me to have to switch a lot . Anyone else get this? I am running 3.05/1.12 Int with T-Mobile.
    I just got my replacement last week but there was no instruction about not being able to switch SIM doors.

Did I misunderstand your post, that you actually had a SIM door that is not the same between two T600's?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    The replacement Treo was new and the same version as we are familiar with. I can only suppose that the they are soon ready to release a new model and they got their instructions for possible replacements a little ahead of the actual product. It would sure indicate that the release is soon and there are some significant differences to warrant moving the location of the sim door. As you know, currently the sim goes into a slot on top and my guess is that slot location will be occupied by something else like a wi-fi card or
    wi-fi/bluetooth.
    Or perhaps they gave you "old" instructions for the 270 or 180, where the sim door is on the back.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Or perhaps they gave you "old" instructions for the 270 or 180, where the sim door is on the back.
    Just received my Treo 600 replacement and the instruction sheet actually has a picture of a Treo 270 and said "Do not swap the SIM card doors between the two handhelds" and no reference to a specific Treo model.

Just wondered if this is the same document that nptski was referring to.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    That sure could be, I am not that familiar with the 270. If that's the case then my speculation is off. It is logical that something is coming as soon as this model has been exploited and/or we end up with two models at different price points. It may be a bit early as the 600 is still hot.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I just looked at the online manual for the 270 and it definately is a 270. Guess I'm not good at the future product business, sorry.