1.    #1  
    Twice. Via a "Blocked Caller ID" phone number. This is how it start out: "Hi, I'm Brad Haeger..."

This is BS! Anybody else experience this?
    Get CallShield from MantraGroup. www.mantragroup.com

It is a really useful utility!
    Im pretty sure thats illegal, since cell minutes cost people. Id get information on what company it was and report them. As a side note, if you get a telemarketing call on your regular phone, tell them you are having a hard time hearing them because you are on your cell....watch how fast they hang up.
    It's not technically illegal. No one has challenged it under the existing laws that govern faxes. As a matter of fact, there is one organization that is compiling a 411 directory for cell phones.
    I stand corrected. However, I did read that some companies like verizon will re-emburse you for any telemarketing calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemasicus
    It's not technically illegal. No one has challenged it under the existing laws that govern faxes. As a matter of fact, there is one organization that is compiling a 411 directory for cell phones.
    It's a "common law" that an individual cannot be forced to pay for a good or service they did not request (that's a tax and only the government can tax individuals). Broadcast fax companies got tangled in this law back in the 80s when companies were getting unsolicited faxes. In this case laws were enacted with penalties specific to the fax industry.

It's this same common law that initiated the early anti-spam lawsuits filed by AOL and Microsoft; and now we have laws with penalties specific to email.

Unwanted cell calls fall under this same common law and will follow a similar course as faxes and email.

The 411 directory that was mentioned is highly unlikely to ever get very far as it requires legislative action to even make it a possibility.

And as long as we have to pay for incoming calls we should be free of telemarketers.