1.    #1  
    Does anyone else find the options (buttons) presented when you get a SMS alert a little useless?

"OK" "SNOOZE" "GO TO"

Uhhhh...I guess...

"OK" is fine.

"Snooze"...I suppose.

"Go To"...now this is where I have a problem...

By the time you have the alert, you've already READ the message and (presumably) know what action you want to take. I'm guessing, "OK", "Reply", "Delete" would cover 98.7% of cases. Why not just have them on the alert dialog in the first place???

Other then that, the SMS app is fantastic, with the quick text, chat threads, emoticons and ease of selecting previous contacts.

Is there an app out there that address this?

UPDATE: After further review..."Go To" is in essence "Reply"...so just "Delete" is missing.
    Go to the Home screen. Select the SMS app. You'll see a delete button there.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.e
    Go to the Home screen. Select the SMS app. You'll see a delete button there.
    I'm talking about from the alert dialog...
    Can you just click the blinking alert (*) on upper left hand and select clear all?
    Quote Originally Posted by CognizanT
    By the time you have the alert, you've already READ the message and (presumably) know what action you want to take. I'm guessing, "OK", "Reply", "Delete" would cover 98.7% of cases. Why not just have them on the alert dialog in the first place???
    Some people have their "Privacy Mode" enabled, so having a "Delete" button on the alert screen wouldn't be useful. In the other hand, without Privacy Mode enabled, I agree that a "Delete" button on the alert screen would be much more convenient. Or at least make the backspace key have the function to delete it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Can you just click the blinking alert (*) on upper left hand and select clear all?

When I get a text message (non-privay mode) i get a full-scren dialog with

1. Name of sender
    2. Message
    3. Option buttons "OK", "Snooze", and "Go To"

What if the message is a "throwaway" message like, "pick up some milk on your way home". Where is the DELETE button? I know I'm lazy, but most people using these hi-tech gizmos like a Treo600 (appropiately named...$600) are lazy in some regard.

I don't WANT to have to click the "Go To" button, then...after moving to the SMS app, select the last message, then click DELETE. Blah!

If it's EXPECTED of the user...then it should be included in the "first-level" user interaction.

Just my $0.03 (adjusted for inflation).
    Cognizant, agree with you, a delete button as part of the SMS display would be very useful indeed.
    Then again how many of you actually receive txt messages from people whom are not already in your chat threads? I get Yahoo & MSN alerts on my phone daily and I can see the point in wanting to delete those particular messages as soon as you receive them but you probably wouldnt want to be deleting chat threads from your sms app at the drop of a dime.

However I would like to see an SMS app with folders to store threads, alerts, business conversations and important messages. Maybe a folder that contains all of the messages that come from sources not already in your phonebook and a backend time frame for deletion of all those messages in that folder. What do you think?
    Cognizant question is relevant to messages that you don't want to store.

Sure, you can go the SMS app and clear by date range or selectively but specifically, there are just SMS conversations you want to keep and some you don't would not want to keep just because either they are irrelevant or really has no need to save with other SMS messages they want keep.

There are users that do keep a lot of SMS messages and are asking for ways to even archive them. These users seem to use SMS more like emails to other users.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by CognizanT
    Is there an app out there that address this?
    So I guess no one has seen an app that adds a DELETE button (or similar).
    I would like a way to NOT SEE the alert screen when a new mesage arrives. If I already have one waiting SMS message, and a new one shows up, the TREO 600 does not show me the new message. It just shows me the ALERT screen syaing I now have 2 alerts. The Treo 300 would just show me the new message.

Anyone found a way to just disable the ALERT notification?
    What's the purpose? why would I need reminders that I have messages without showing me what's waiting? at least show me a "preview" of the messages on the alert screen. I agree. I would like to see a change with that. And if I hit 'OK' why does the message get grayed out in the SMS app... Just because I hit 'OK' for the 1st reminder doesn't mean I actually took the time to read the da*n thing yet.
    I need a lot more functionality in this application as it is one of my most frequently used programs.
    "I have to return some videotapes."