Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    One thing I find really annoying is the fact that I cannot listen to music through the phone headset. I know some folks will say "It's not stereo", "Phone headsets don't sound good", and other arguments, but frankly, I am not looking at my Treo and it's downsampled-to-fit-on-an-SD-card music to provide a "musical experience". Plus, I listen to nasty, noisy music while traveling through nasty, noisy places. I just want something that can block out some of the airport chatter and the crying kids and screaming parents as I make my flight commute.

    Sure, have good headsets, great, whatever. I even have the nice Bose noise cancelling ones. But I would like the option of listening to music through my almost as comfortable Jabra ear-bud and not have to drag a bunch of cables out of my bag. And no matter how good the 2-in-1 headsets are, they aren't going to fit as well as my cushy gel piece.

    Listen to music, take a call. Listen to music, talk to the ticket lady. Listen to music, push a tourist out of the way in the security line. This is the way I listen to music. I know there are others like me.

    Please, hardware, software, OS update, something, give me the option.
  2. #2  
    the connection are different, you need the adaptor or a 2-1. no software update will change that.

    sedio does make a 2-1 that you can provide your own headphones.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3. #3  
    Can i find the adapter at a place like radio shack or is it some proprietary piece that i need to order from Palm? Is it just a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter?

    Cris...
  4. #4  
    If you are willing to use the earbud that came with the phone, you can by using a paper clip to hold down the answer button. Then the earbud will play music. It may also work with other earbuds.
    Charles

    Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  5. #5  
    I have the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter. I listen to music on it, then when someone is calling me or I call someone I can still listen to calls on the stereo headphones, and the mic is sensitive enough to pick up my voice.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by coastalfog
    Can i find the adapter at a place like radio shack or is it some proprietary piece that i need to order from Palm? Is it just a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter?

    Cris...

    yes, but you may need to shave off some plastic from the radio shack version.

    the palm adapter is like $5.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    If you are willing to use the earbud that came with the phone, you can by using a paper clip to hold down the answer button. Then the earbud will play music. It may also work with other earbuds.

    Can you elaborate on this? That would be great given that I can't find the damned adaptor here. A pic showig the process would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
  8. #8  
    I don't have my earbud with me here but it is as simple as slipping a paper clip or a binder clip on the little black button on the cord so it is constantly pressed down. This changes the impedence in the wire from what I have read and allows the music to play through the earbud. Try it by pressing the button and holding it with your finger and start playing a song with Pocket Tunes.
    Charles

    Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by halfred
    One thing I find really annoying is the fact that I cannot listen to music through the phone headset. I know some folks will say "It's not stereo", "Phone headsets don't sound good", and other arguments, but frankly, I am not looking at my Treo and it's downsampled-to-fit-on-an-SD-card music to provide a "musical experience". Plus, I listen to nasty, noisy music while traveling through nasty, noisy places. I just want something that can block out some of the airport chatter and the crying kids and screaming parents as I make my flight commute.

    Sure, have good headsets, great, whatever. I even have the nice Bose noise cancelling ones. But I would like the option of listening to music through my almost as comfortable Jabra ear-bud and not have to drag a bunch of cables out of my bag. And no matter how good the 2-in-1 headsets are, they aren't going to fit as well as my cushy gel piece.

    Listen to music, take a call. Listen to music, talk to the ticket lady. Listen to music, push a tourist out of the way in the security line. This is the way I listen to music. I know there are others like me.

    Please, hardware, software, OS update, something, give me the option.
    check out Freedom that will let you listen to mp3 and audio sound using any headset or ear piece and even the Treo supplied ear piece. goto www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca

Posting Permissions