Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I'm getting rid of my Motorola V300 and T-Mobile Sidekick and looking to get a new phone. Right now, my choices are between the Motorola Mpx200 or the Treo 600. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Treo 600 because of the QWERTY keyboard.


    I have been reading this message board for a good 5 months and the last time i logged in was 2/14/2004. I believe it was around the time of the treo 600 releasing. So please excuse my newbie questions. I did a search and couldnt find direct answers because this was covered in the first round of terocentral post of new adopting members. So with that said, here's my questions.

    Edit: Does the SD card really stick out? That seems so tacky . Say it aint so! Any pictures of this?

    Edit: What's the biggest SD card the Treo can handle? Any good prices available online? Or Best buy, etc...

    Does the Treo 600 multitask? IE me checking a website while listening to mp3s and chatting on AIM.

    Is there a aim client directly from aol?

    Honestly, Can I respond to a email with 100-200 words using the Treo 600?

    Can i stream music/videos?

    Can i play ripped dvd's on my sd card? Hows the quality?

    Does it have push email? If so, how many inboxes may I use?

    Lastly, is 450 shipped a good price for a unit considering the Treo 610 is coming soon?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Blak; 07/30/2004 at 01:48 PM.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak
    Does the Treo 600 multitask? IE me checking a website while listening to mp3s and chatting on AIM.
    You can do other things while listening to MP3s. Not sure about website / chatting at the same time because I don't use a chat program.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blak
    Is there a aim client directly from aol?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=aol

    Quote Originally Posted by Blak
    Honestly, Can I respond to a email with 100-200 words using the Treo 600?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blak
    Can i stream music/videos?
    Yes for music...using Pocket Tunes Delux and Shoutcast.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Blak
    Can i play ripped dvd's on my sd card? Hows the quality?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=dvd

    Quote Originally Posted by Blak
    Does it have push email? If so, how many inboxes may I use?
    No. You can use a third-party application like Snappermail to schedule routine downloads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blak
    Lastly, is 450 shipped a good price for a unit considering the Treo 610 is coming soon?
    Thanks
    I would think that you might be able to get it cheaper (depending on the provider). I paid $450.00 back in November with discounts.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3. #3  
    Amazon has the Treo from AT&T for $199 after rebates and $369 from Sprint after rebates.

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the quick replies. I guess my search fields weren't the best . I'm buying the phone with no contract or extension so I must resort to eBay.com or a secondary seller. I content with my contract situation. Just want to try something new.

    Also, What is this I hear about the SD card sticking out? Is this true? Pics?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blak
    Also, What is this I hear about the SD card sticking out? Is this true? Pics?
    Sounds like it depends on the brand SD card you use on how much it sticks out. Mine "sticks out" perhaps a millimeter. I just read a thread of people that had filed/sanded/dremeled/even table sawed their cards just a bit to make them fit flush...

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=sd+card+file
  6. #6  
    you can write memos or make appointments in the calendar or check your contacts all while on the phone.

    you can chat with friends or colleagues while in meetings using verichat and then surf the web at the same time.

    i have an sd card from scandisk. its raised above by an umnoticeable .5mm. makes it easier to remove. just press down lightly on card tip and it snaps out. but it doesnt look tacky.
  7. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #7  
    keep in mind that if u go with sprint a big limitations for me anyway are, not being able to browse the web while on a call and not being able to hang up separate lines while answering call waitings or during conference calls. on the other hand, you get blazing fast internet speed... well blazing compared to the trickling of the other providers..
  8. #8  
    You cannot browse the web while on a call with any provider. The GSM providers do handle things more gracefully tho - on Sprint and Verizon, if you're on the web and get a call, it goes straight to voicemail. On GSM (AT&T / TMo / Cingular) if you're on the web and get an incoming call, the data connection will be suspended to let the voice call through, until the voice call is completed.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    You cannot browse the web while on a call with any provider. The GSM providers do handle things more gracefully tho - on Sprint and Verizon, if you're on the web and get a call, it goes straight to voicemail. On GSM (AT&T / TMo / Cingular) if you're on the web and get an incoming call, the data connection will be suspended to let the voice call through, until the voice call is completed.
    i was just going to point this out too. 3G is not yet advanced on any carrier to allow phone calls AND internet browsing. we`re not there yet

Posting Permissions