1.    #1  
    Am I the only one who misses calls because the ringer volume (And I do put it to max.) is too low? Before my treo (which I love very much) I had a nokia with a loud beep and that is all I need. Does anyone else face this prob.? And has anyone figured out a way to overcome this? maybe download a loud ring or beep?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by posiq
    Am I the only one who misses calls because the ringer volume (And I do put it to max.) is too low? Before my treo (which I love very much) I had a nokia with a loud beep and that is all I need. Does anyone else face this prob.? And has anyone figured out a way to overcome this? maybe download a loud ring or beep?
    Thanks

Check out Lightwav mp3/wav/ogg/wma/midi ringtone manager at www.toysoft.ca You can boost the midi ringtone twice as loud. also you can edit wav/mp3 sound and boost it that way too. pocketTunes has built in boost.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    i had this problem but with mp3's set as ringtones its loud so you can hear it
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the advices so far but I really don't want an mp3 ringtone, I just need a simple beep (the best is only 1 beep and then silence for the rest of the time) because I keep it in my pocket at work and work with people. Any other ideas?
    I have some MIDI sounds and of course some MP3 sounds in my computer. How do I transfer them to the Treo and set them as ringtones? I know how to put them into an SD card and put that in the treo, but then what??

Thanks,

BJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bjassin
    I have some MIDI sounds and of course some MP3 sounds in my computer. How do I transfer them to the Treo and set them as ringtones? I know how to put them into an SD card and put that in the treo, but then what??

Thanks,

BJ
    to use the mp3 sounds as a ringtone, you have to use apps such as lightwav and i think call shield or call filter will allow you to use mp3's as ringtones

i am using lightwav 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by posiq
    ...I just need a simple beep (the best is only 1 beep and then silence for the rest of the time) because I keep it in my pocket at work and work with people. Any other ideas?
    If it's in your pocket, how about using vibrate?
    So if I need lightwave for MP3's, is it also needed to make the midi files into ringtones or can I somehow copy them from the SD card to the treo?? And where do they go?

Thanks,
    BJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bjassin
    So if I need lightwave for MP3's, is it also needed to make the midi files into ringtones or can I somehow copy them from the SD card to the treo?? And where do they go?

Thanks,
    BJ
    with lwav v3.0 you can use the same MIDI ringtones the phone uses. there is a setting in lwav to use maximum ringtone volume. you will have to use another app to import the .mid file from the card. The treo includes a dozen of ringtones already.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    What's an example of 'another' app to import midi files from the SD card?

BJ
    i dont know if this works as i use mp3s but if you hve a card reader which are very chep on ebay you might just be able to drag and drop to the card but dont hold meto my word
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR