1.    #1  
    I am currently looking for something that would install on my Treo 600 and when I hit a combination of buttons start recording any app that was on the screen. I want to do this to help promote a free application that my company is developing. I am able to do this in the Palm Emulator but of course the mouse shows up giving away the idea that it's really on my Palm? Ideas? Suggestions?

Here is the sample I was talking about.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Blonde
    I am currently looking for something that would install on my Treo 600 and when I hit a combination of buttons start recording any app that was on the screen. I want to do this to help promote a free application that my company is developing. I am able to do this in the Palm Emulator but of course the mouse shows up giving away the idea that it's really on my Palm? Ideas? Suggestions?

Here is the sample I was talking about.....
    How about a series of still screen shots put together into a animated gif?
  3.    #3  
    I think that would be a secondary option, as I would want to concentrate on using the application and not have to hit the "take photo" button over and over ya know?
    The gif that you have attached seems to have come from a computer palm emulator, it has a mouse moving around on the screen. If this is the case, Microsoft Media Encoder does screen captures.
    But it would be a wmv file, not a gif...
    I think that would be a secondary option, as I would want to concentrate on using the application and not have to hit the "take photo" button over and over ya know?
    I know there's a macro program out there. Perhaps you could create the macro on the emulator, run the macro and then record. There would be no mouse.
    My company makes a program that may do what you want. You can find out more here: http://www.mobilityware.com/HandShar...areProduct.htm
    HandShare has a feature to let you record screen captures to Windows bitmaps while the Palm is connected to the PC. All you have to do is start recording and every time the screen on the Palm changes a Windows bitmap file will be created on your PC.
  7.    #7  
    But can it create a video of the movements? That is what I am really looking for. A video that does not show my mouse cursor moving all around. If I get it as a wmv file or even a MPEG i could easily make it a smaller flash file.....any ideas?
    HandShare does not currently create any type of video format, only still shots. The screen captures that HandShare creates will not have your mouse pointer visible in them, these images come straight off the Palm where there is obviously no mouse cursor.

You could probably find some software somewhere that will take images and assemble them into an avi or mpg. The problem with just assembling the raw images into a video is a matter of timing, you would not want all the screen images to just flash by rapid fire, the program would have to have an option to allow each image to be displayed for a certain period of time.
  9.    #9  
    I find that so strange, because there are about a million screen recorders for PC. The reason I am looking for one is to Demo to people on a Web site on how to use their application for the Palm. I got the idea from these ipod screen movies. Maybe they are just cobbled together screen shots though huh?

http://www.apple.com/ipod/musicandmore.html
    I find that so strange, because there are about a million screen recorders for PC. The reason I am looking for one is to Demo to people on a Web site on how to use their application for the Palm. I got the idea from these ipod screen movies. Maybe they are just cobbled together screen shots though huh?

http://www.apple.com/ipod/musicandmore.html
    That's exactly what they are. You see them all the time on PalmGear for examples of the program that you are buying/trying. I don't really see why you need "video", it doesn't seem that anything on the Treo would move, ie, there's no cursor (in fact that's what you DON'T want shown), maybe you'd want to show cursor movement (or characters being typed), or maybe even video being played on the Treo... But if you just want to show the "steps" then I would think that an animated GIF would be the way that you'd want to go.
  11.    #11  
    Yeah I guess that makes the most sense. So what is a good program to take the screenshots and then edit them all together into an animated gif? Suggestions?
    For screen shots I use Snap:
    http://www.freewarepalm.com/graphics/snap.shtml

It saves bitmaps (.bmp) on the SD card, which you can then transfer to PC. You can use the Paint program to convert the bitmaps to non-animated gif files.

For creating animated gifs I found the microsoft gif animator - it is free, but it is somewhat hard to find - I googled around until I found a working download link (sorry, don't have the link at the moment).
    Did you use Profeo today ?
  13.    #13  
    Thanks I will google around as well to see what I can find........