1.    #1  
    I work for a large company and we use lotus notes. I have a Treo600 with SnapperMail. Is it possible to retrieve my corporate e-mail with the Treo and SnapperMail combination? Please advise. Thanks.
    It depends on how your company has setup lotus notes. In order to use snappermail you would need pop3 access to your mail server (or using snappermail beta, you could use IMAP instead of pop3). Your company would need to allow access to your server from the internet, which, sorry to say, is not very likely. There are several workarounds to this, most popular being "redirector" software, which requires your desktop at work to have Notes open so it can forward your email to your treo. I would check with my IT department first, before setting up a redirector as it could be against company policy. Good luck!

HTH,
    -Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    My company has POP3 access (though the sysadmin didn't realize it!) and so I set up Snapper to pick up my personal IMAP and POP3/Lotus work mail.

Beautiful piece of software.
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    mNotes is highly configurable to do this, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by adimiron
    My company has POP3 access (though the sysadmin didn't realize it!) and so I set up Snapper to pick up my personal IMAP and POP3/Lotus work mail.

Beautiful piece of software.
    How can you find out what you company has set up? I have Lotus email at work and am not sure how they have it set up. From what they told me, IMAP is not enabled. Any way to check on my own? How can I check if there is POP3?
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    How can you find out what you company has set up? I have Lotus email at work and am not sure how they have it set up. From what they told me, IMAP is not enabled. Any way to check on my own? How can I check if there is POP3?
    luck, if you dont get help from your IT it would be hard.

you need the server info.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7. JCJ
    I use a program called WirelessMail to forward all my Lotus Notes mail to my personal POP3 account. I then use SnapperMail to retrieve the email from the POP3 account. Here are the cool things about WirelessMail:

Free Demo for 60 days

Install it on your work PC and it activates an “agent” on your company’s Lotus server

The agent forwards your mail automatically even if your PC is turned off

The forwarded mail retains the Subject and Sender info

There is an option to include or exclude attachments

If you reply to a forwarded Lotus email with Snapper you can make it look like your reply came directly from your Lotus account.

Check it out at http://martinscott.com/WirelessMail
    Check on Pylon. This is part of AvantGo. They provide nice integration with Notes but I am not sure if they offer any desktop based solution.
    Peter
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    You can probably check it yourself by determining if the respective ports are open on your company's server. By coincidence, I just did this myself the other day and now I have Palm Mail sending & receiving via the Domino server.

Here's a port list: http://www.spirit.com/Resources/ports.html

If you need a port scanner, http://www.tucows.com is a good place to look.

After scanning our server, I found POP3 and SMTP services, but no IMAP. Palm mail is working OK, but I'm going to switch over to Snapper Mail, since it allows me to selectively download entire messages. When using POP mail, I like to DL only a small portion of each msg and then go back and DL the entire msgs I'm interested in reading.

HTH, Randy
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99
    You can probably check it yourself by determining if the respective ports are open on your company's server. By coincidence, I just did this myself the other day and now I have Palm Mail sending & receiving via the Domino server.

Here's a port list: http://www.spirit.com/Resources/ports.html

If you need a port scanner, http://www.tucows.com is a good place to look.

After scanning our server, I found POP3 and SMTP services, but no IMAP. Palm mail is working OK, but I'm going to switch over to Snapper Mail, since it allows me to selectively download entire messages. When using POP mail, I like to DL only a small portion of each msg and then go back and DL the entire msgs I'm interested in reading.

HTH, Randy
    So how do I find out what my company's server address/name is so that I can run a port scan? I only access it from the Lotus Notes here at work and a webmail they have set up.
    My company does not support Palm's. Only blackberries so I am out of luck.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    So how do I find out what my company's server address/name is so that I can run a port scan? I only access it from the Lotus Notes here at work and a webmail they have set up.
    (the following is for Notes client ver 6.5.. not sure about earlier versions)

With your Notes inbox open, choose File-> Mobile -> Edit Current Location, then choose Servers tab. Your company's server will be listed under Home/Mail server.

Randy
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    My company does not support Palm's. Only blackberries so I am out of luck.
    Then maybe you should get a new company!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99
    (the following is for Notes client ver 6.5.. not sure about earlier versions)

With your Notes inbox open, choose File-> Mobile -> Edit Current Location, then choose Servers tab. Your company's server will be listed under Home/Mail server.

Randy
    It's the same in earlier versions.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein