1.    #1  
    First off, I've liked my treo more than any other phone....however I will now be on my 4th one, this year alone. I've had 2 300's, and and now 2 600's. Each one has broken in some sort of way, not due to regular wear. I'm wondering if anyone else has similar experiences, because if so, next time I need a replacement I might just switch to something else.
    whatever.
    I'm curious if people can read or even... dare I say... use the 'search' feature of these boards.

-dan
    it makes me wonder how people actually treat their treo's.
    troll alert
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    it makes me wonder how people actually treat their treo's.
    Sometimes I wonder that as well with all the replacements they seem to need....
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    taking it one step further... what are we supposed to do about it? I mean, what are his/her intentions?

- for us to give one of our WORKING Treo's?
    - to provide him/her with a sense of how to treat/handle electronic devices?
    - give him/her the home phone to Jeff Hawkins?

Maybe it's because I have had years of tolerance for these posts, but it's a lost effort to try and round Treo users up to share your feelings because you don't know how to operate a Treo. Maybe, even next time.... tell us what the problems were or would that be further evidence on mishandling?
    I do not think the question was answered, but I would like to jump into the responses. I am one of those people who drive you crazy. But it is because of you I am here. I like tec stuff, but do not always get it. I use a Treo because it helps me do my job. I come to these boards because real tech folks are here. I try to do searches but I do not find what I am looking for. I come off dumb when I ask my questions because I am dumb. For you to tell me I am dumb does not help.

SPG
    I'm on my second treo, only because *someone* dropped the first one into a beverage, a cool, sudsy one. And the second one has run flawlessly since I received it in January. And my treo has hit the hard, concrete or ceramic floor many a times.

I just kiss its boo-boo and it works just fine.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  10.    #10  
    thanks smartasses for completely missing the point of the question.

im just wondering if its normal that the tro would have to be replaced so often, because its not from anything that I myself am doing to it. I dont drop it, i dont mistreat it, however each one i've gotten has:

dropped multiple calls
    timed out on every attempt to access the internet
    frozen, resulting in a reset, erasing everything since my last sync
    and failed sprints diagnostic tests.

the basic question is that if the treo is reliable at all and if i should just switch to another smartphone.

and now a few responses:

timmins: next time dont let your 14 year old girlfriend type your responses, or think of one that atleast proves you have the intelligence to get a GED.

dpwaters: WTF do u think i do with a treo? im sorry i dont have the applications you do that turn it into an anal vibrator. I treat mine like a ****in phone.

velodev: i'd rather u suck on my left nut, than do any of those.

all u mufukas need to learn sum damn respect, and if you cant answer a question straight, than I can do without the smartass comments.
    do the carriers offer insurance for loss/damage? i'm sure its worth it
    @ arkanjal

Chill.

@ everyone else

Chill. Everyone is not going to have a positive experience with the Treo 600.

I really like my Treo 600 but it has reception problems. The rep sent out a brand new replacement it had reception problems AND a brown screen. I sent the replacement back and decided to struggle with a phone with a good screen that drops calls a lot.

I went through four 7135s before I got a winner. I'm not surprised that there are quality issues with this phone. If you have a good unit, be happy and enjoy your Treo experience. Others may not be as fortunate as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanjal

im just wondering if its normal that the tro would have to be replaced so often, because its not from anything that I myself am doing to it. I dont drop it, i dont mistreat it, however each one i've gotten has:

dropped multiple calls

the basic question is that if the treo is reliable at all and if i should just switch to another smartphone.

and now a few responses:

timmins: next time dont let your 14 year old girlfriend type your responses, or think of one that atleast proves you have the intelligence to get a GED.

dpwaters: WTF do u think i do with a treo? im sorry i dont have the applications you do that turn it into an anal vibrator. I treat mine like a ****in phone.

all u mufukas need to learn sum damn respect, and if you cant answer a question straight, than I can do without the smartass comments.
    I think you should switch to another smartphone...that way you can go bother some other people on a DIFFERENT board.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanjal

dropped multiple calls

and now a few responses:

arkanjal,

Try to keep your responses clean and no name calling. I know from the reponses that you have been provoked but try to keep it civil.

Thanks