Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    TR30 - I have the same problem. I posted on the company's yahoo group and tech support says that they are aware of the issue and will be issuing an update in a few days to address this bug, as well as improve 5-way navi support for the Treo.
    -----------------------------
    Treo 650 rocks!

Get a FREE iPod Photo! Use the URL below:

Free iPod! Click Here!
    KJK - any chance you can revive the discount? We would much appreciate it!
    Treo 650 rocks!

Free iPod! Click Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by pshady
    TR30 - I have the same problem. I posted on the company's yahoo group and tech support says that they are aware of the issue and will be issuing an update in a few days to address this bug, as well as improve 5-way navi support for the Treo.
    Sweet! Thanks for the 411! Keep us posted!
    After reading this thread I downloaded iPedia and tried it. I was shocked at how fast the searh queries are answered. Also, the quanity of information returned seemed much more substantive that the one paragraph summaried returned by some competitors.

I see little advantage in actually loading an encylopedia on my Treo 650 after this exercise. Maybe $30 is not too unreasonable if I could have confidence that the related iPedia servers will still be in place and operational next year . . .
  5. kjk
    Has any T650 users been able to access the menu in iPedia? Whenever I try to bring up the menu, it only comes up for a fraction of a second then goes away, not giving me enough time to select anything.
    We're happy to announce that we've just released iPedia 1.2 which fixes the menu problem on Treo 650. It also improves 5-way navigation and since the last release, our English encyclopedia grew by 70 thousand articles (from 350 thousand to more than 420 thousand).

Maybe $30 is not too unreasonable if I could have confidence that the related iPedia servers will still be in place and operational next year . . .
    Well, it's been almost 5 months since we've released first version of iPedia and as you could see, the servers were in place and working flawlessly the whole time. I can assure you that we plan to be there for years to come...

KJK - any chance you can revive the discount? We would much appreciate it!
    Watch this space for an announcement. We have to celebrate 1.2 release somehow

Krzysztof Kowalczyk | http://www.arslexis.com
    Thanks for the update, kjk!! New version works great!
    KJK -- I just saw that you posted a 40% off promotion -- but I and many others didn't see it since you didn't post it here. I'm subscribed to this thread -- but didn't see the other.

I just saw that you posted a new program, Infoman -- looks pretty good. But I think you should integrate iPedia and iNoah into that program. That would be a killer feature.

Cheers
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
  8. kjk
    Thanks for the feedback, beergeek.

Integrating iNoah and iPedia into InfoMan is something that we might consider doing in the future.

For the moment we're very busy adding other functionality to InfoMan - you should expect a new release InfoMan 1.1 around Monday.

Krzysztof Kowalczyk : http://www.arslexis.com
    I've been trying infoman and it works great on the Treo600.

The phonebook(411) is my favorite. It is really fast, produces good results, and you can either dial out or save as a contact directly from the results page. Zip code & area code look-up is also included as is reverse zip, reverse area code, and reverse phone# look-up.

The weather page is also organized very well and gives you a full week's forecast.

Other features include movie times and a page to track stocks.

I'll probably buy the program ($39/yr).
    I just checked it out also. Looks nice but for a little more money Express has a lot more. Mapping/directions from address/business lookup, weather maps, purchasing movie tickets, news. I believe the infoman stock page is the only one that beats express. Express doesn't allow portfolio's or mutual fund lookup.

I look forward to watching this develop over the next few versions.
    kjk - any chance of a launch discount for infoman?
    Treo 650 rocks!

Free iPod! Click Here!
  12. kjk
    pshady, at this time we don't have plans for discount for InfoMan

dutchtrumpet, it's fair to say that Express has more functionality. InfoMan is just at version 1.0, we hope to tilt the scales in our favour very quickly.

I would welcome your input on 2 things:
    • how important is news for you i.e. is it something you use regularly?
    • the same question about purchasing tickets. Have you ever used that functionality?

I'm asking because we have so many ideas for things to implement that we need to prioritize features. If news or purchasing tickets is important to people, we'll do it first. If not, we'll focus on other things.
    InfoMan - wireless information agent
    iPedia - wireless encyclopedia
    iNoah - wireless dictionary

http://www.arslexis.com - software for Palm and Treo
    kjk - I use Express right now and the news feature is very important. I am basically using it as a newspaper. Purchasing tickets is not a priority for me, but I would like the ability to TV guide for the day and in advance.
    Treo 650 rocks!

Free iPod! Click Here!
    I might suggest also an RSS reader -- either on top of or in addition to a newsreader. Would allow you to get headlines and stories from a whole bunch of sites instead of just a single news feed.

Other suggestions:
    Multiple Weather locations
    Automatic Update (in the background or on a timed schedule)
    Maps / Directions, etc. tied into the information section
    iPedia and iNoah integration
    Thesaurus / Synonym / Rhyming dictionary
    Sports scores -- team / league choosing / favorites, etc.

Keep up the good work.
    <a href="http://www.beergeek.com">Beergeek</a> - History: Newton>Pilot Pro>Visor (blue)>Pencil>Toshiba e740>Treo 300>Treo 600>Treo 650>Cingular 8125> <b>Treo 650</b>
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Not full featured like the ...Lexis product but handy.

http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn?stage=1
  16. kjk
    Thanks for the suggestions. We'll add them to our (quite long already) todo list.

news is important for me. mapping and directions also are. being able to map within 411 search results would be great. radar maps within weather info also. movie ticket purchase is nice but not as important as the others to me.

thanks...I look forward to future releases.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    What are the major items you are looking to implement into infoman in the near future? (besides news...obviously) Are you planning on adding weather radar/etc.? Are there any release plans? (I am not sure how new infoman is)

One thing I did notice is that after each connection that infoman makes to update data, Verichat has to reconnect from my treo 650 and it gets pretty annoying. Are you by chance closing a connection that Verichat might need to communicate with it's servers?

Thanks for any info!
    Last edited by peridoc; 12/31/2004 at 12:00 AM.
  19. kjk
    peridoc, as most software companies we prefer not to comment on future features. Things happen and we don't want to end up like Microsoft and announce products that ship years after they were supposed to ship.

InfoMan is less than 2 weeks old. We have 3 new modules for InfoMan almost ready to be released and many more in works, so updates will happen.

And we'll modify our plans based on user feedback. If many people will request a given enhancement, we'll make it our priority.

As to VeriChat problem - we'll look into that but I suspect this is just Palm OS limitation. We don't mess with anyone else's connections but in Palm OS, I believe, there is very limited number of network connections you can make at the same time so I suspect that the reason for that is that when we try to make a connection OS simply has to close some other network connection in order to give us one. There's nothing we can do about it.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply and also the information. I totally understand your policy not wanting to discuss future improvements, but hey...as a eager potential customer I thought it was worth asking.

As for the Verichat issue...thanks for looking into this. The reason that I brought it up was that I have not noticed this behavior with any other online apps (causing Verichat to have to reconnect). I happen to also be demo'ing Handmark Express and it does not cause Verichat to reset. Anyway, I just wanted to mention it and glad you are looking into it.

Looking forward to future updates on the product!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast