1.    #1  
    I have a treo 600 and the SMS application on my phone keeps reseting it. I even did a hard reset and cleared everything and its still reseting my phone.

So I figured I would just buy another sms application. Any recommendations?

Thanks for you help.
    Depends on your provider. Maxtext is kinda nice....
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    something else is reseting your treo. I tried maxtext and to be honest, the built in treo app is pretty good. I do about 30 messages a day and I really like. The built in app is elegant. The new agendus let's me sms from their address book.

Derek
    Derek

Treo 180 --> 270 --> 600 --> 650 --> 680 -- Pro ( )
    I agree. The built-in app works great for me.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  5.    #5  
    Well this is weird, because I did a hard reset and cleared everything. Didnt hot sync or anything. And I started to enter in name by hand on my phone. Then after I enter a few I go to write a new sms message and then in the "to" box I look up my contacts. As soon as I do that my phone resets.
    that's odd that's happening. i would check on getting it warrantied.

i cant see getting any other sms application, i think the built in one is great and cant see what could be added to make it better.

good luck getting your problem fixed.
    funny you should say that, because the very same thing happened to me. I had my treo replaced. Everytime i pressed the message button (in wireless mode) the phone would soft reset. Did the whole hard reset/battery reset and nothing could fix it. Take it back.
    I had a problem with my first treoo 600 where it reset everytime I tried to use the built in SMS app. I found a thread on treocentral that provided a really easy fix. I believe all I had to do was delete SMS Messages with the default delete app and it has worked perfectly ever since. Good Luck.
    OT: I went to high school with a Ben Johnson. Are you from NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by ben johnson
    I have a treo 600 and the SMS application on my phone keeps reseting it. I even did a hard reset and cleared everything and its still reseting my phone.

So I figured I would just buy another sms application. Any recommendations?

Thanks for you help.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by emfletcher
    I had a problem with my first treoo 600 where it reset everytime I tried to use the built in SMS app. I found a thread on treocentral that provided a really easy fix. I believe all I had to do was delete SMS Messages with the default delete app and it has worked perfectly ever since. Good Luck.
    Delete messages with the default delete app? Can you explain a little more, Im confused. Also, it only soft resets when I go to new and then next to the "to" box I click the arrow. After that it brings me to my address book. I then pick a number and it resets. This is really pissing me off.

Also I took my phone down to the cingular store and they wont take it back. They said they could send it in and it would take up to 4 weeks to get it fixed, but they wont give me a new one. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I go about getting them to give me a new phone? I tried it all.
    Last edited by ben johnson; 08/03/2004 at 08:56 PM.