1.    #1  
    Anyone have any suggestions for getting SMS notifications of email from a POP server. I tried having mail forwarded to .Mac then to the phone. It works, but is a bit slow. I can forward from my regular mail to my SMS, but it splits the email into multiple sms messages; doesn't truncate the email. That will add up to a lot of text messages in a hurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    Anyone have any suggestions for getting SMS notifications of email from a POP server. I tried having mail forwarded to .Mac then to the phone. It works, but is a bit slow. I can forward from my regular mail to my SMS, but it splits the email into multiple sms messages; doesn't truncate the email. That will add up to a lot of text messages in a hurry.
    I have it set up on T-mobile. Just used their communications portion of My T-Mobile.
    I've been using the built-in mail app and set it to check for new mail every hour. An alert sounds if there's new mail and I can press a button and jump right to the mail.

Michael
    In most email apps you can right a rule. The rule can generate a 1-way-text to your phone email addy.
  5.    #5  
    I found VersaForward through another thread and downloaded it. I'm still trying it out, but it sounds like it is what I was looking for. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks for the input.
    Cory J

I looked in the Rules on Outlook Exspress and couldn't find an option to send a text message. Am I missing something or does OE not allow it?

Tks in Advance
    In Outlook Express you would set up a rule like the following:

Apply this rule after the message arrives
    For all messages
    Forward it to xxxXXXxxxx@MESSAGING.SPRINTPCS.COM

This will send you an SMS with to let you know that you have a new message and will also give you the basic info you need about the message.
    Cory J,
    Tks for the info. It works. But the only drawback is that my Laptop must be turned on and OE must be opened. I wanted to use this mainly when I go out of town so that I can be notified on any e-mails-then I get them using my Treo with InBox to Go. But thanks anyway and now I know I can use it when I'm away for a few hours.
    Tks Again
    Does your ISP offer web mail? You should be able to setup a similar email through the web mail portal.
    Cory J,

Unfortunately, the "Rules" in the Web Mail doesn't offer the option of forwarding e-mails. Not a big deal-I just check my e-mails with the Treo about every 30 mins or so when I' m out of town. You'd think that InBox to Go would have such a basic feature as auto retrieve every XX mins. But I guess that would load up their servers.

Tks Anyway
  11.    #11  
    I can't get VersaForward to work. All indications are that it is checking mail and forwarding a text message, but nothing ever arrives to the phone. So far no response from the developer.
    my email (XXXXXX@orange.net) has this serive which i have been using for a while and its great
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    anyone else have luck with versamail? this looks interesting. I'm testing chatter now. but this looks very promising with snappermail and treohelper for semi-push email.