Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The new version adds Wi-Fi sync and internet sharing via Bluetooth and of course the regular wired sync via USB.

More importantly for Treo owners, it now has Conduit Profiles that allow you to easily turn on and off groups of conduits. It also has drag-and-drop install targets that send files directly to the internal memory or expansion card. AND a standalone MemoPad application that allows Address Book and iCal users to synchronize handheld memos! YEEAAAHHHH!!!

There's also sync reminders and of course the same old stuff like desktop mounting of memory card along with iPhoto/iTunes integration.

It says you can export AND import photos from within iPhoto. Was this possible before. I don't use the camera that much and when I do, I just e-mail the photos.

I will be upgrading for sure just to get rid of Palm Desktop and to get the new MemoPad app to sync with my Treo.
    I think it's out of beta now...I tried to buy it through the upgrade since I had purchased MS for Clie a couple years ago. It sent me the discount link and told me the 50% off would be taken off during checkout...but it never was so I didn't complete the order. So I emailed them and am waiting for their response, cause I'd really like to get this going, it looks pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by loudpocket
    I think it's out of beta now...I tried to buy it through the upgrade since I had purchased MS for Clie a couple years ago. It sent me the discount link and told me the 50% off would be taken off during checkout...but it never was so I didn't complete the order. So I emailed them and am waiting for their response, cause I'd really like to get this going, it looks pretty cool.
    same here. it want let you check out without entering a coupon code, but no code was provided in the email link. I also email them but no response yet.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  4.    #4  
    The big front page graphic on the Mark/Space web site that says "4.0 Now Shipping!" led me to believe it was available?!?!
    I was given a free upgrade to 4.0 since I purchased the last version so recently. But the registration code they sent me isn't working! I've emailed them for help, but haven't heard back yet. We'll see...
    I entered my email address here (got the link from the TC story), they sent me another link, I followed it and got the discount (although it wasn't obvious that the discount was being applied until quite late on in the process).

Works as advertised (so far). Sweet!
    I downloaded but the reg. code in the email doesn't work when I go to run Missing Sync on my Mac. No reponse from an email I sent back asking what's up?
    I got the new missing sync 4 and was able to install it on my laptop. I was a 2.0 user and got the discount successfully. I think the program is pretty good, you can totally bypass Palm desktop if you want to use isync with address and ical. There is a very workable memo program that integrates nicely into the missing sync program. I use LifeBalance, which handles todo and datebook fine, and it integrates nicely into the program. The desktop mounting of your SD card works great. There are internet sharing options, bluetooth and wifi, but these do not seem feasible to use for the Treo 600.

Although I now can use missing sync 4 on my laptop at home, I still have to use the Palm hotsync on my work computer as my endnote and epocrates conduits are not supported yet.
  9.    #9  
    OK. So I bought the upgrade last night. MarkC is right you cannot see that you will get the $19.95 upgrade price ($20 discount) until the very end but it does work out.

The Missing Sync notifies you of conflicting conduits/plugins (like the Entourage conduit with note syncing activated conflicting with the new MemoPadConduit.plugin) where as Palm Desktop did not, so that's nice. And they throw in the TimeCopy conduit to keep your Mac's time in sync with your Treo.

I love the addition of profiles.

And now I can sync all my memos! It sounds so ridiculous to say but this to me is worth $10 just so I don't have to open up Palm Desktop to read my memos in that convoluted fashion.

What is weird to note is that Palm Desktop and The Missing Sync both take up 14.2MB of hard drive space.
    Just one quick question to everyone, what good is the internet sharing option of missing sync for the Treo 600?
  11.    #11  
    Sweet!
    In the handheld MissingSync application, there is a "Clean up meta files on disconnect" check box within preferences.

No more lingering DS_Store, _DS, ._ or whatever else kinda crap.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    Just one quick question to everyone, what good is the internet sharing option of missing sync for the Treo 600?
    I think it is just to allow for your Treo 600 to access the net while connected to your computer. This of course is useless if you have a data plan with your cellular service provider, isn't it. Also useless for the Treo because there is no Bluetooth or Wi-Fi available.

What I want to know is if going the other way and using the Treo as a modem for your mac is possible? I kinda doubt that it would work, but I suppose it could be a possibility.
    I STILL haven't heard back from Mark/Space about why my registration code isn't working! And I can't perform a hotsync until I do, since installing Missing Sync 4.0 has taken over for Palm's HotSync Manager.
    Beware some thrid party conduits don't work! I had to revert back to Palm.
    Pocket Quicken and FMSync for JFile X.

Also seemed a little slower in syncing.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Anyone else having painful issues with iTunes sync? My version of iTunes just hangs there seemigly forever saying "Updating the card" without me even doing anything. (I store about 10-15 songs on my SD card, and the problem goes away if I only store 1-2 songs on there).
    FYI - They've been sending out incorrect registration codes. The problem is now rectified/ Also:

If you received a registration code from Mark/Space and were able to register the Missing Sync but the Missing Sync unexpectedly quits after registration or will not launch when you try to open the program, do the following:

Please request a new code by going back to www.markspace.com/resend-codes.php.

Then, do the following:

1) Quit Missing Sync
    2) Delete the file com.markspace.missingsync.palmos.plist found in the
    user's Library/Preferences folder.
    3) Enter the registration code you received via email (The format
    should be like "314-XXXXX-XXXXX.")
    4) Continue with the registration process.
    5) Launch the Missing Sync and the problem should be resolved.

I'm noticing the Vindigo conduit is not working, and the backup phase of a hotsync takes a loooooong time. Anyone else having a similar problem?
    imageone mentioned that the upgraded version seemed slower then older versions. But I'm wondering if people feel that overall, Missing Sync is faster or slower then the normal Palm Hotsync Manager. Palm's Hotsync seems incredibly slow compared to their Windows version. So I would consider purchasing Missing Sync if it is faster.

Thanks...
    The speed thing wasn't the biggest draw back for me, it was not being compatible with some third party conduits that I use on a daily basis.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Is this incompatible with NOW up to date and NOW contact? If so, it becomes useless for me, as those are essential conduits.
    Quote Originally Posted by leefarber
    FYI - They've been sending out incorrect registration codes. The problem is now rectified/ Also:

If you received a registration code from Mark/Space and were able to register the Missing Sync but the Missing Sync unexpectedly quits after registration or will not launch when you try to open the program, do the following:

Please request a new code by going back to www.markspace.com/resend-codes.php.

Then, do the following:

1) Quit Missing Sync
    2) Delete the file com.markspace.missingsync.palmos.plist found in the
    user's Library/Preferences folder.
    3) Enter the registration code you received via email (The format
    should be like "314-XXXXX-XXXXX.")
    4) Continue with the registration process.
    5) Launch the Missing Sync and the problem should be resolved.
    I had the same problem, but trashing the .plist only gave me one run, then it kept on crashing.

The solution is not to trash the .plist file, but to edit it:

1) Quit Missing Sync
    2) Locate the file com.markspace.missingsync.palmos.plist found in the
    user's Library/Preferences folder and double click it. This should launch the Property List editor.
    3) Click on the gray triangle next to "Root" (This should expand the list)
    4) Scroll down to the entry "Registration Code".
    5) Keep the series of numbers, but delete the line of text that says "Serial number error...etc" NOTE: this number is different than the Registration Code from the e-mail. Do not change it!
    6) Quit Property List Editor, saving changes, of course.
    7) Problem solved!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast