1.    #1  
    I hope I am not the only one having these problems, but I use Mapopolis a lot and this is starting to become annoying.

The most recent release of Mapopolis (1.35) is giving me these problems:

I can't select "go to" when I receive an sms, email, or alarm. (well I can tap "go to" but all I get is a white screen. Mapopolis will not release control of the processor to other apps)

If I receive a phone call I can answer it, but Mapopolis stays on the screen. If I want to switch to speaker phone, hang up, or use other phone options, I must hit the home key then the phone key to get to the phone screen.

Also, I use McPhling to switch apps quickly, but 1.35 won't allow me to switch using anything but the home key. I know that Mapopolis is incompatible with hacks, but technically McPhling can't be a hack on os5. Besides, I could use McPhling fine with previous versions of Mapopolis.

In fact, I didn't have any of these problems with previous versions. Is there something I am doing wrong?

In the meantime, could someone please email me a previous version of Mapopolis?

leadtrumpetdave@hotmail.com
    I don't have a previous version for you, but I have noticed the problems you mention. I don't use McPhling, my Treoo 600 is unhacked, but Mapopolis still doesn't allow switching to other apps (SMS, phone) unless you press the 'home' button, then go to your other app. Hopefully they'll address that soon, because I love Mapopolis.
  3.    #3  
    I have been in contact with Mapopolis Support and they are watching these forums. I pointed them to this thread so anyone else who is having problems of any kind should note them here.
    We're more likely to get help if they can see that the problems are widespread.

C'mon everybody!!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Also unable to use mapopolis. I don't have a hackmaster-type program on board, but there do seem to be two software hacks - takephone treo and NFL scheduler. In a choice between those and mapopolis... they win, unfortunately.
    Dave, I have not experienced these kinds of "errors". I use Mapop 1.27. I will send you the files from and via my Treo.

Good luck
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donalsc
    I don't have a previous version for you, but I have noticed the problems you mention. I don't use McPhling, my Treoo 600 is unhacked, but Mapopolis still doesn't allow switching to other apps (SMS, phone) unless you press the 'home' button, then go to your other app. Hopefully they'll address that soon, because I love Mapopolis.
    My Treo is also unhacked and I am seeing this with the new Version 2.1x betas, so apparently, this hasn't been fixed yet. I posted this a couple of times on the GPS Passion web site in the Mapopolis section, but never really got an answer. I really hope this gets fixed, especially problematic is the program not switching to the call in progress screen when I get a phone call. The inability to switch to speaker phone in the car (where I am using Mapopolis of course) is a serious problem.
    Jeff
    this morning I confirmed that Map 1.27 does release to the phone. The phone, calend, email, power buttons are all remapped for zoom and pan with one hand, but when a call comes in, it jumps to the quit screen asking if I want to delete maps from ram (I always load in from SC card). After hitting 'yes' it release to the phone screen.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks Tao,
    I received 1.27, have not tried yet. The guys at Mapopolis sent me 1.22 after trading messages. Even though they have not fixed this issue yet, I still rate their support high. I got quick freindly responses from the folks at Mapopolis, and they told me they would fix it if they got a sense that it was a problem for many users.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I've recently purchased Mapopolis and found out three very important things:

1) Go to their site and download the 2.xx beta version. This allows for maps to be loaded to the SD card

2) You have to have > 10MB free internal RAM (They recommend 12MB free) for the find and generate route features to work. I purchased PowerRUN to move apps to the SD card.

3) You have to remove all system hacks and hackmaster-type apps.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    That's not entirely true in regards to ram available to generate routes. using 2.x on my t 600 with about 4 meg of free space is enough for stuff to work....