Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    On my Sprint Treo 600, with the latest firmware upgrade (1.20) - whenever I select Phone Preferences from the options menu, the phone does a soft reset.

At first I thought it was software (FastForward), so I did a hard reset (and wiped my phone down to factory settings) - but I'm still getting the crash.

The system error log message is always: "A reset was caused... while running 'Phone': MemoryMgr.c Line:3635, NULL handle"

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Another question: an article in the PalmOne knowledgebase suggests using FileZ to delete Phone.prc - which might be corrupt - then resetting. (The article is Solution ID: 4430, Treo 600 Updater causes device to loop or continuously reset)

But when I try to do that, FileZ complains that the app is in ROM and can't be deleted.

Anyone know how to proceed?
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124
    Another question: an article in the PalmOne knowledgebase suggests using FileZ to delete Phone.prc - which might be corrupt - then resetting. (The article is Solution ID: 4430, Treo 600 Updater causes device to loop or continuously reset)

But when I try to do that, FileZ complains that the app is in ROM and can't be deleted.

Anyone know how to proceed?
    I have exactly the same problem. This started after I upgraded the firmware as the palmone website requests. When you call Verizon they know nothing about it, they finally put you on hold to palmone who never answer...2 hours and then a disconnect.
    You need to delete the phone preference files from FileZ, not the phone application itself.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=72703