1.    #1  
    Was just wondering if anyone has changed a TMobile Treo600 to the Verizon service?
    You can't. It's 2 different phone systems. T Mobile is GSM, Verizon is CDMA.
    OK. So you can't move over the equipment... but would you move over for service or other reasons - CDMA over GSP? - International use versus better US network?

I just took the plunge and was the first person to order the Treo600 at my local Verizon store on roll-out day. I payed $370 (after rebates and such) and will pay $45/month for unlimited internet plus the calling plan, but get zero international coverage (aside from Mexico and Canada). At T-Mobile I would have to pay about $500 for the phone and, from what I can tell, $25/month for the unlimited internet plus calling plan, and I get the quad-band international coverage.

So what do you do? Is the general phone coverage worth so much more? Is the CDMA network that much faster, Internet wise?

Any and all comments welcome.

I am on on day 10 of my 14 day return period!!!!
    bump
    Quote Originally Posted by model_un
    OK. So you can't move over the equipment... but would you move over for service or other reasons - CDMA over GSP? - International use versus better US network?

I just took the plunge and was the first person to order the Treo600 at my local Verizon store on roll-out day. I payed $370 (after rebates and such) and will pay $45/month for unlimited internet plus the calling plan, but get zero international coverage (aside from Mexico and Canada). At T-Mobile I would have to pay about $500 for the phone and, from what I can tell, $25/month for the unlimited internet plus calling plan, and I get the quad-band international coverage.

So what do you do? Is the general phone coverage worth so much more? Is the CDMA network that much faster, Internet wise?

Any and all comments welcome.

I am on on day 10 of my 14 day return period!!!!
    Do you go out of the country? If not, stick with Verizon...if you do, go with T-Mobile. I know for a fact that I'd rather get a prepaid international phone each time I go out of the country before I'd use T-Mobile or any GSM carrier for that matter in the Los Angeles area. Maybe that's just me.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I went with Cingular. The phone was $249 at Amazon. The coverage on GSM is very good in my area. The phone is unlocked, so it is easy to use abroad.

To top if off, I was able to add the MEdia package and get unlimited data for $20. It is not supposed to be availabe on a PDA, but just called and added.