1.    #1  
    Recently, my calendar started taking a long time to sync. Then it would say it was syncing but when I checked, it hadn't actually sync'd - but if I kept trying over and over, eventually it would sync. Now it says it is syncing and is taking a long time, but just isn't syncing at all. And by a "long time," I mean 20 minutes or so.

I have the Hotsync settings set to "synchronize." My calendar is pretty large, but it has always been large and I didn't have any problems until recently.

I'm using Datebk5 as my calendar, by the way.

I'd really appreciate any help with this. My calendar is critical to my existence and I don't know what to do.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    What calendar are you using on the PC? What conduit are you using, and what version?
  3.    #3  
    I'm using Outlook 2000 and Hotsync manager 4.1.0.

I just noticed that many of my older calendar entries are duplicated. I don't think that should cause it not to sync, but I found a shareware dupe remover and am going to try that to reduce the size of the calendar a little bit. It would be nice if you could tell Hotsync to only sync the last 12 months of my calendar to the Treo, but I don't see how that can be done.
  4.    #4  
    I did a few of things that resolved the problem.

I noticed that someone had sent me a meeting invitation for a recurring meeting that had no end date, so it was causing the long syncs and ultimately causing calendar not to sync with my Treo. I deleted the recurring meeting and set it up again with an end date.

I also found a utility called LBE Toolbox for Outlook that will find and delete dupe entries in calendar, contacts, etc. and used it to remove all of the dupe calendar entries.

I also discovered that upgrading the Hotsync/Palm Desktop software does not update Pocket Mirror. I went to Chapura's web site and got the new pocket mirror 3.1.6 update.

Now I'm back to quick, complete syncs and my heart rate has returned to normal.