1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

I am a new Treo (VZW) user that uses a Mac. I have been looking hard for the BEST mail app to use with my Treo. I would like to be able to sync with Mail.app on my Mac (using QueueSoft's conduit) , so I guess SnapperMail is out. Also I have tried Mark Space, but no attachments

Anyone have suggestions? I am about to get Versamail, and I thought that I would check here first, thanks.

CW
    I am not sure if you want to use popserver or imap. For imap snappermail rocks! I have great integration between my .mac account, my work imap account, snappermail and the Mail.app.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    I am not sure if you want to use popserver or imap. For imap snappermail rocks! I have great integration between my .mac account, my work imap account, snappermail and the Mail.app.
    I agree. Get a .mac account or same other IMAP account and use Snapper. If you do this you don't need QueueSoft's conduit which I found very unreliable anyway.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    This is going to sound ridiculously newbie, but what is the benefit of an IMAP email account over a POP3 account? I have all my accoutns set up through snappermail as POP3, but I have a sneaky suspicion that IMAP will be better.
    The ability to have all of your email available at any given moment at any different location. To be able to carry it with you (via the Treo 600). Chatter provides true push IMAP email and SnapperMail provides IMAP service with its current beta and it's getting better all the time. POP is nice if you do not need to keep your mail handy or working on one machine. The disadvantage to IMAP is speed and frankly, that's it. I use Chatter and Snappermail together and it's a tough combination to beat. Ben
    I agree, there's hardly any point in syncing with Mail.app if you've got IMAP. That way everything is automatically synced on the server and you don't have to worry with hotsyncing to make sure you're up to date.

Regards,
    --Mathew