Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    LEDOff is an application that does only one thing: it turns off the LED. No more blinking LED, it's off and it remains off. To enable it, launch the application and check the Enable box. It can't get more simple, can it?

    So, if you don't like the pulsing LED of your Treo600, LEDOff is for you, here.

    Regards.
  2. #2  
    Cool Jean-Francois. I like it: you give us the app, and I give you the text to introduce it to the public

    Short article
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Cool Jean-Francois. I like it: you give us the app, and I give you the text to introduce it to the public

    Short article
    Hehe, your text to introduce LEDOff was MUCH better than mine
  4. #4  
    MOL, YOu must be living right...

    You wish for an app and poof, it arives...
    Now wish you and I some $$$

    So I take it your a happy camper now!!

    Best regards,matt
  5. #5  
    Nice utility but this is an all or nothing option. Can you build in a configuration option that will only turn off the blinking green "I am turned on" indicator?
  6. #6  
    You could also enable the user to change the default color to red or orange, stop blinking, etc... Just some ideas. Thanks for the program.
  7. #7  
    Thanks for the program.

    I read a section in the manual of my older Motorola v60 that turning off the blinking LED actually saves battery life (it is recommended in that manual). Does anyone know how much battery is used up supporting the blinking LED?
  8. #8  
    Another nice feature would be to have the LED do bleu blanc rouge on Bastille Day.
  9. #9  
    I'll give you credit, for developing the app - I'm sure it was no small feat. But, it's not an app that I'll use... I watch my led many times a day. The power saved by disabling my led would be eclipsed by powering the screen on to gain the same knowledge that the led currently provides me.

    Dunc
  10. #10  
    I just hate the LED when it's flashing in my room at night when I use the Treo as an alarm clock or have to be on call. That's the only reason I asked for the app, I didn't even think about battery life.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    I'll give you credit, for developing the app - I'm sure it was no small feat. But, it's not an app that I'll use... I watch my led many times a day. The power saved by disabling my led would be eclipsed by powering the screen on to gain the same knowledge that the led currently provides me.

    Dunc
    A better idea would be to develop an app that changes the blinking light to another color when, say, an SMS message arrives or and unanswered call. I find I'm constantly powering up the screen to check for messages after I have left my Treo alone for a while.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by kiewavalley
    A better idea would be to develop an app that changes the blinking light to another color when, say, an SMS message arrives or and unanswered call. I find I'm constantly powering up the screen to check for messages after I have left my Treo alone for a while.
    Check out "Butler"...a must have app in my view
  13. #13  
    Thanks dutchtrumpet; I just might download that . . .
  14. #14  
    I love this app. I never wanted my LED to flash in the first place. This should have been an option included in the OS. Thanks a lot for the great app. Keep it as simple as it currently is.
  15. #15  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=54723

    someone is interested in reducing the flash rate as apposed to switching off all togeather. Can the owner build this into the current build of LEDoff ?
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

    (Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

  16. #16  
    Butler has the option to disable the LED, right?
  17. #17  
    but you have to pay for butler.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

    (Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_One
    but you have to pay for butler.
    Oh yeah...
  19.    #19  
    If, like Mol, you just want to turn the LED off, you can install v0.1.
    If, like some people, you want more options, you can install v0.2.

    Both are available in the same ZIP, and the ZIP is available at PalmGear.

    Regards.
  20. #20  
    Absolutely perfect! You could seel this program easily. Thanks for a great utility and a greater update (v0.2).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions