1.    #1  
    Just got an email from Northglide informing me of an upgrade available now for Uninstall Manager v2.60.

Changes:
    v2.60

- Group Files: Associate different files with a specified application.
    - Treo Rocker, 5way Navigator and Jog Dial support.

You can get it here:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...E7&PartnerREF=
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Yep, found it last night. 5-way is EXCELLENT!!!

Note: I had to delete the older version before installing the new. It was causing resets.
  3.    #3  
    I'm getting resets too. Just deleted the app and I'm re-installing new version.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Ok I'm trying to download it directly from PalmGear to my Treo 600 and suddenly it is giving me this error of "Unsupported Media Type. The file you have requested is in a format that is not currently supported. You will need to install an application which can read this file type if you would like to load it." I have not had this problem before. I did the update a month ago (can't remember if I've dloaded from PalmGear since then) and have already done the whole deletion of the "unsaved preferences" file. Help?!
    Question to those who upgraded: If you had to delete the previous version, does that mean you have to reinstall all your apps for them to be known to the new version?
    Hmmm...I didn't have to delete the old version.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Hi all... I use launcher x and when i drag an icon to the trash can, it asks if I want to delete all the related files too. is this doing the same thing as the uninstall manager or does uninstall mgr do more?

Thanks,
    Joe Molenski
    http://www.treotones.com
    Sharp Wizard:menu:HP 200lx:menu:HP 320lx:menu:Rex
    PalmVx:menu:Visor Prism w/VisorPhone:menu:Nokia 9290:menu:Treo 270:menu:Treo 600
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    Question to those who upgraded: If you had to delete the previous version, does that mean you have to reinstall all your apps for them to be known to the new version?
    No, but everything that it had been monitoring in the previous version goes away. So it's like starting fresh
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Hmmm...I didn't have to delete the old version.
    Neither did I. I did turn off the "Sandbox" before adding the new version though, I wonder if that made a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmolenski
    Hi all... I use launcher x and when i drag an icon to the trash can, it asks if I want to delete all the related files too. is this doing the same thing as the uninstall manager or does uninstall mgr do more?

Thanks,
    The uninstall manager does a little more. The programs may add some code into the preferences of your Treo. When you delete the program, the lines in the preferences remain behind. Uninstall manager clears these out as well. (Only programs installed after Uninstall manager is on the Treo). If you want to see how much stuff is left behind, try the demo version of "Cleanup" and take a look. I found a bunch of stuff from programs on my old m515 that got ported over when I went to the Treo! I bought the NeatFreak package (Uninstall Manager and Cleanup) and got rid of a lot of stuff that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    I bought the NeatFreak package (Uninstall Manager and Cleanup) and got rid of a lot of stuff that way.

I would like to buy NeatFreak but can someone tell me how the program knows what it can and cannot delete? Obviously, I wouldn't want it to delete something that i actually need. Does it look at the last time a program was used or when it was installed?

I did a search on Treocentral and couldn't find an answer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aslsigner
    I would like to buy NeatFreak but can someone tell me how the program knows what it can and cannot delete? Obviously, I wouldn't want it to delete something that i actually need. Does it look at the last time a program was used or when it was installed?

I did a search on Treocentral and couldn't find an answer.

Thanks
    From the documentation, it sounds like the program does two things.

1) Watches when you hotsync, were other applications installed at the same time?

2) Watches the program when it's running. What other files does it touch?

When you go to delete a program, it lists all the files that will be affected. You can remove some if you don't think they should be deleted with the program.

You can ask the developer for more information, he was good at answering my questions.