1. RH1
    Hi all,

I've been lurking the past couple weeks and would like to compliment you all on your great forum. I'm a big fan of gadgets (watches, pens, flashlights, etc.) and so I like to visit many forums.

I am currently a Verizon customer and have an aging v60. I am currently shopping around for new cell phone service. I live in northern NY so coverage is key. I really like how Cingular now includes Canada. Verizon let me switch to their North America plan but that is an additional $20/ month.

My first question is how is Cingular's coverage (maybe this is the wrong forum)? Secondly, I really like the Treo 600 but would like to wait for the ACE since I've waited this long (v60). My primary use would be as a phone and I would like to be able to check my office email (pop). Would I need a data plan to do this? This is looking expensive!

Lastly, is it possible to get streaming news, scores, etc.?

Great forum!

Thanks,
    Robert
    Like gadgets or collectibles? Come check out our forums!
    Cingular in New York is really T-Mobiles network masquerading as Cingular. They did a territory swap. If your buddies like T-Mobile or Cingular coverage, you will get similar. This is a big country - asking is the best way to find out about coverage. If paranoid, carry a borrowed or pay as you go Cingular phone for a day and ensure it works where you work, rest and play. Cingular and T-Mobile have all you can eat plans for GPRS data but it is slower than CDMA data from Sprint or from Verizon by a factor of about 2. For email however you will never notice the speed. The older RIM devices still run on <9kbps.