1.    #1  
    ONE THING I LIKE ABOUT THE NOKIA 7650 IS THE CAPABILITY TO SEND TO A GROUP. MEANING YOU WILL CATEGORIZE YOUR CONTACTS TO A GROUP, say FAMILY or FRIENDS, and You can just a mass broadcast on all the members. WIthout sending to each member one by one.

Is there such an application for the TREO 600>

Thanks,
    i would like to know too. there've been many times i sent messages and wished i could've done a group send. help help!
  3. RNJ
    You can send SMS to several people simultaneously, simply put a comma between the numbers.
    If you want to create groups, then you will need to look at third party software, like MAXText. I do not use it personally but I did look at it a while ago. I don't text groups often enough for it to be worth my while buying it, and the described workaround above works fine for me.
    Hope this helps
    You can store a list of numbers in memo pad with the numbers seperated by a comma.

Then cut and paste into the SMS.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril
    You can store a list of numbers in memo pad with the numbers seperated by a comma.

Great Idea Cyril!
    pretty sneaky! but that works!
    I frequently send group text messages.

You can store a group in the Contacts/Addressbook with one phone number defined with multiple numbers separated with commas. Although it works with SMS messaging, I usually send group messages using email (Snappermail/Eudora/etc.). Group SMS messaging can get expensive without an unlimited plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by nengers
    ONE THING I LIKE ABOUT THE NOKIA 7650 IS THE CAPABILITY TO SEND TO A GROUP. MEANING YOU WILL CATEGORIZE YOUR CONTACTS TO A GROUP, say FAMILY or FRIENDS, and You can just a mass broadcast on all the members. WIthout sending to each member one by one.

Is there such an application for the TREO 600>

Thanks,
    Yes - there is such an application:

www.maxTEXT.com - look for the Treo Edition Version 1.79

with its most recent "maxTEXT TE T600 k"

supports upto 10 independent autostored groups A - K
    (Friends, Colleagues, Sportsclub, Mates, Dudes, Dudettes ...)

https://www.handango.com/AdminProduc...&productType=2

With LED colour control on fresh incoming messages, various
    Alert + Popup Controls, Memopad-Auto-Export and even
    a Message-Handover to the Base Standard SMS application.

Regards Markus
    Last edited by MarkusSchneider; 07/29/2004 at 04:35 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks to everyone. I like Beryl's suggestion. Unless MAXText is free, I would not need a 3rd party app. Will check out the links.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril

i tried this and stored about 10 numbers, separated with commas. i cut/pasted the list into the To: field and it only got sent to the first person on the list.
  11.    #11  
    Me too. Same experience with Cyril and Beryl's trip.

I guess another stumbling block, same as the multiple Chat purging thread I posted.

APparently, Treo is not built to be very SMS-friendly. But am still loving it

Thanks!