1.    #1  
    I want my Treo600 to be able to post a message to a newsgroup.

I tried the program MsgAgent and can NOT seem to get it to work on my Treo600. It did work somewhat on my Treo180.

Any suggestions of how to get MsgAgent to work?

Or, has anybody used a newsgroup posting program that WILL work on the Treo600?

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick999999
    I want my Treo600 to be able to post a message to a newsgroup.

I tried the program MsgAgent and can NOT seem to get it to work on my Treo600. It did work somewhat on my Treo180.

Any suggestions of how to get MsgAgent to work?

Or, has anybody used a newsgroup posting program that WILL work on the Treo600?

Thank you.
    In the top right, there's an arrow next to Mail. Click on the arrow, then select News. (I'm assuming you have laready set up the newsgroups you subscribe to, though I don't think it really matters.) On the bottom of the xcreen, click on New. the Edit Newsgroup screen comes up, and you can enter the newsgroup you want to post to, and the subject. Fill them out, enter the text inthe bos, and click on "Send". That's it.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3.    #3  
    Thank you. I tried that..... my EMAILS send thru MsgAgent. HOwever, my newsgroup post remains in the SENDLATER. My newsgroup settings seem to be OK and have worked on a different Treo.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rick999999
    Thank you. I tried that..... my EMAILS send thru MsgAgent. HOwever, my newsgroup post remains in the SENDLATER. My newsgroup settings seem to be OK and have worked on a different Treo.

Any ideas?
    One problem with MsgAgent is that it only supports one set of userid/password. Since some ISPs don't allow SMTP outside the network, I need to use my phone provider data service for SMTP - which requires a specific userid different from my ISP's. So I can't receive and send mail with MsgAgent unless I change the userid/password each time I want to send mail. I wonder if your NNTP server requires different authentication than your usual e-mail?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad