1.    #1  
    How do perform a wireless hotsync using Sprint PCS Vision?

I've read other post and tried virtually everything I can think of. I must be missing something.

Computer: XP Pro.
    ISP: SBC Yahoo DSL w/ Microsoft MN-100 wired Base station [router]

I've tried:
    -disabling firewall (norton net security/router/xp)
    -freeing udp/tcp ports 14237 & 14238
    -entering "!!" as PC name/ then "pc's name on network" as PC name
    -entered w/without subnet mask
    -tried IP address [from behind router to pc & from modem directly to pc]

If you successfully complete wireless hotsync sessions
    using the [PC/TREO/PCS VISION], please post your settings and configurations here so that I may try them. Thank You
    I used to do this with my 300. The answer lies in naming the unit. I can't remember how I did it but the !! rings a bell.Try a search in the 300 forum.
    However-
    At the end of the day you are wasting your time imo. Wireless hotsync is slllooooww. It may prove nice in an emergency, but as an app for a productivity tool it comes up short.
    -rob
    -rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Now that I think about it try leaving the pc name blank...

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    If your using a router, did you forward those ports (14237 and 14238) to the destination PC which you are trying to hotsync to? There is usually a configuration setting on the router to do this.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    And the IP address you specify on the Treo hotsync settings should be the IP address of the router... not your internal assigned IP address. (NOT 192.168.x.x)
    I know that on the hotsync manager you need to enable 'Network' by clicking on it. Also under setup you have to select network and click your user name.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    If you have a home setup, you need to use Network Address Translation. Minsc is right in that your Hotsync needs to be available via your external IP address, and your firewall needs to have port forwarding turned on for the Hotsync port(s) so that when you try to Hotsync to your public address, the packets are forwarded to the home PC with the hotsync.

But, with SD card backups, over-the-air Avantgo updates and POP/IMAP-based email, why on earth do you need to do a wireless hotsync?!
  8.    #8  
    There isn't a particular use for the wireless hotsync process, but it would be nice to complete a wireless hotsync session... just for charm.

So your diagnosis is possibly the need for a NAT router?
    (My PC does show the IP address assigned by DHCP... so maybe thats the case... it can't find the primary pc)
  9.    #9  
    - But wait... All of the aforementioned obstacles would have been overcome after I tried a direct connection of my modem directly to my pc, right? (given of coarse I input the correct IP address)

I'm desperate... I've tried the Wan IP.. gateway and anything else ... lol??
    Last edited by Treo600Sprint; 07/28/2004 at 02:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Alrighty then. It took me a second but I got it working. I will attempt to write up a walkthrough, is there anyway I can prove that it is working until I get the walkthrough completed?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    Alrighty then. It took me a second but I got it working. I will attempt to write up a walkthrough, is there anyway I can prove that it is working until I get the walkthrough completed?

Great! So how did you configure your router/treo/computer? And what type of connection are you using? Seems like its a little more complicated to configure for dsl rather than a cable modem.

I'd like to know...

On the Treo's hotsync config. tabs: (1) Primary PC set up (2) LANSync pref.

Router: (1) Which IP address is used
    (One assgined by DHCP or another method, be specific because in my router base station configuration, I show a wan IP... assigned IP... and on the computers network connections tab, a private IP... and they're all different??)

Also, instructions from info. I've found on the net say to free port 14237 TCP and 14238 UDP. My question is, my port fowarding feature shows both inbound and outbound sides for each port, so do I enter the same port number in the inbound and outbound field, then select the trigger type for each port? ie. 14238 [inbound] TCP 14238 [outbound] TCP... I believe it opens the inbound and outbound flow on that port... correct??
    Last edited by Treo600Sprint; 07/28/2004 at 03:24 AM.