1.    #1  
    Can anyone recommend a good/cheap travel alarm clock. Nothing fancy, just something that I can program for a certain time and it will wake the Treo when the alarm goes off. A choice of which tones (even mp3s or just the built in MIDIs) would be nice.

I don't need skins, fancy calendars, multiple alarms, etc...just something simple.

Essentially a wake-up call to my Treo.

I had an app on my Palm IIIxe called "Travel Clock" I believe, but it doesn't appear to still be around.
    Umm...how about creating an appointment in your datebook for the date/time you want to be woken up?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I use Bob's Alarm. It's worked great for a few reasons:

1) it has a snooze feature: just tap the screen.

2) you can have multiple alarms so I can set the "when I want to get up" time, and the "when I really, really need to get up" time.

3) It supports the concept of "local time" and "home time". I leave my treo always set to "home time", but Bob's allows you to set a local time. You can then set the alarm times to 'local' time, so there's no math necessary.

I haven't played with tones, but I'm pretty sure you can set the alarm tone to whatever you want to.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    TREO BUTLER (now know as Butler).
    I used it on China and Taiwan when on bussiness to wake up each morning.
    Treo Butler has A BUNCH of cool and needed features, you may want to look at it and see.
    I use the Alarm, Volume key chager,LED voicemail alert, KLaunch and a couple more. Even though I don't use the alerts (I use Treo600alertMgr for that), is works very well too, from what I gather.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=52726

Or in a pinch, use the datebook, just be sure you enter a name for the event, if you set the alarm and not enter a name for the event, when you exit, it will erase it.
    I have been using Bogclock for 6 months now. I travel Internationally, and it is my only alarm clock. It works great and it's free at Palmgear.
    Take a look.
    Sorry...I should read before I send: Bigclock, not Bogclock........
    worldmate has it all for me it has to be the best app for traveling or if you have family in different countrys like me
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I second the vote for Butler - an indispensible utility that includes a simple alarm clock and is really well supported by the developer.
    I love Butler, but use Bob's alarm for my alarm clock. It's cheap and packed with features.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I love Butler, but use Bob's alarm for my alarm clock. It's cheap and packed with features.
    Same here. I have several alarms set throughout the day to remind me of stuff. Works great.
    Well, you have to admit, PabloTx, you asked and the forum responded..........
    I use World Clock, and I have used it for the last 3 years. In my opinion it is the simplest clock/alarm that can be used. I travel to Europe quite often and switching locales takes a simple pull down choice for a city. This selection then updates the system time on the PALM. And then boom, you're in business for that locale.

Brian
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for the suggestions. I used Butler on my recent trip and it seemed to work (the tests I did the night before worked, but I set the alarm for 5:45 and woke up at 5:00 AM so I never really got to see if it would wake me).

Seems to do the job, and has a few other features, so I'll probably purchase it.

Thanks again.