1.    #1  
    This morning I bought The Missing Sync to take advantage of the cheap deal before v4 comes out.

I was hoping that it would automatically sync photos to my backup or pop up within the iPhoto folder list (as it does in iTunes). But apparently, you just have to drag and drop photos to the mounted SD card.

Has anyone had a better experience?
    Mount with Missing Sync. Open iPhoto choose the album of photo's you want to sync. Go to "File>Export and chosse the "MissingSync" tab. Set the size and export the SD card.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  3.    #3  
    Thanks imageone. I will try it tonight. Do you know if the import functionality works the same? Or can you set an auto-import feature as iPhoto will do with my digital camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by evilfunkgenius
    Thanks imageone. I will try it tonight. Do you know if the import functionality works the same? Or can you set an auto-import feature as iPhoto will do with my digital camera?
    Not sure about the import thing. I really don't use the iPhoto feature. I use SplashPhoto.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I tried Missing Sync on my Kyocera and it ruined all possibility of syncing. Those of you who have used it with the Treo and Mac, is it working as promised? Can you still sync?
  6.    #6  
    It seems like The Missing Sync is missing a little something. I tried it with my Treo tonight and it just runs and runs and runs and slows down my whole system (practically freezes iTunes). It seems that the more songs you load into the specific Audio folder, the slower it goes and longer it takes to show the items.

I still havet o try it with iPhoto. That is next on my list, but as of now, it seems that it is easier to just spend the $30 on a card reader and do all the sync'ing yourself...

7.    #7  
    The good:
    Yes, when you use The Missing Sync, it removes all the extraneous "._" and "." files that OSX puts everywhere.

iPhoto works fairly well, exporting images to the SD card, although it could work a little better and more seamlessly sync the photos form the Treo into iPhoto (for backup and adding to my home library)

The bad:
    iTunes is horribly horribly slow (at least on my machine). I had to remove the conduit for iTunes to even have my machien useable. So it is back to dragging and dropping music onto the SD card driectly, and just using the Missing Sync to clean it all up.

I can't lie, I had some buyer's remorse today when I actually used the product. Hopefully they fix these problems in v4 of the program... time will tell.
    It is easy enough, once you mount your SD card with missing sync, to just drag your photos to the desktop, then you can put them in iphoto or do anything you want with them.

I believe in the new version of missing sync, there will be an iphoto plug in, similar to the itunes plug in it already has.

I am not sure what the problem is people are having with missing sync and itunes, it works just fine for me.

Although I have to admit, I have an ipod, and it is rare that I use the Treo for music, as the ipod is infinitely better suited for this task and it has a firewire interface so it is easy to transfer. Although I have the ability to use missing sync to transfer data, I use the ipod also for lugging data to and from the office, because the interface is so fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick-Dance
    Missing Sync works fine for me. But if you want to "automatically" upload your pictures to the Mac during hot-sync, then use iTreo, it is a great little app
    Link to iTreo: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fpillet/itreo.html
    I tried that iTreo app today, and it doesn't work. For some reason (maybe it's Missing Sync 4.0?), my Treo is not backing up photos (even though it's checked in the Treo photo prefs).

I even bought SplashPhoto to see if that would work - but it's not syncing either, even though Missing Sync manager's logs tell me all is okay...?