1.    #1  
    Today I tried to load wireless sync onto my Treo, using (at VZW's request) a friend's PC. While it was a success in loading the software, the pop3 experience leaves MUCH to be desired, and the applications that it installs to wirelessly sync data are abosultely horrible.

Not one are there menus within menus within menus on the Treo applications, but there are redundant applications which seem to do the same thing, only stated differently, with repeated menus. Also, when you uncheck boxes online or on the Treo app, the program automatically re-checks them for you.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have since given up completely on anything from Verizon for Mac and just gone with 3rd party programs (since this is the only way to get a mail client through Verizon service).

Has anyone else had a better experience than I?
    have you tried SnapperMail
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  3.    #3  
    Yes. I am testing out the beta version now (60 days free trial) and that is working wonderfully. However, it seems totally stupid that Verizon does not provide even basic email functionality right out of the box...

I spoke with a tech support yesterday (when I was trying to find out where my basic email client was), and he said this is a common problem. He has suggested that they include a stand-alone email client. But in the meantime, we Mac users are left in the lurch.
    Ok, I just got a powerbook today, and my treo 600 from verizon is in the mail for tuesday. You can imagine my suprise and frusteration when I read this post. So what exactly doesn't work about verizon's treo with a mac? I won't be syncing anything wirelessly (the life of a poor college student, can't afford the data plan), so does that mean it will be possible to get my email to sync to my treo 600 through my mac?
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbeckman
    Ok, I just got a powerbook today, and my treo 600 from verizon is in the mail for tuesday. You can imagine my suprise and frusteration when I read this post. So what exactly doesn't work about verizon's treo with a mac? I won't be syncing anything wirelessly (the life of a poor college student, can't afford the data plan), so does that mean it will be possible to get my email to sync to my treo 600 through my mac?
    Here's the deal:
    The Verizon Treo doesn't come with a email app installed, but niether did the Sprint or other 600's when they were first released (I think). Why? I don't know. But the Palm Mail app came with the fireware update later on.

You will need a third party email app and a IMAP email account like .mac to truly sync your email. SnapperMail 2.0 free 60 day beta at http://www.snapperfish.com
    or tomorrow the awaited release of Chatter Mail beta will be out.
    http://www.imchatter.com
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>