1.    #1  
    Just thought I would share this info for those who have a .mac account.

You can sign in to your .mac account http://www.mac.com go to Preferences and set the "Email Forwarding" to your Treo's address. example 1234567890.messaging@sprintpcs.com
    *NOTE You also want to check "Leave Forwarded Messages on Server"

Now you will receive a SMS when you have new mail, and can decide if you want to retrieve it or not.

This may not be for everyone, especially if you get a lot of spam, but it works great.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Hey! That's great to know about. I've been looking for ways to migrate to a service where I can use IMAP to access messages instead of POP.

Now, if only Apple would upgrade their .mac mail storage from 15MB to the 1-2GB range like Yahoo and GMail...
    I tried that service on .mac. The problem I ran into with my Cingular phone is that the whole message comes through split into multiple text messages. The last one was split into seven text messages. I don't see a way to forward only a limited amount of text. Am I missing something?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    I tried that service on .mac. The problem I ran into with my Cingular phone is that the whole message comes through split into multiple text messages. The last one was split into seven text messages. I don't see a way to forward only a limited amount of text. Am I missing something?
    Which version of the SMS app do you have? I have 1.01 using Sprint. Maybe a GSM thing?
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>