Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Welcome to the Mac and Treo forum!

Many Treo users, myself included, use macs. From iBooks to G5 Desktops, these users have a found a product that is as amazing as the Treo 600. But life has not always been easy for Treo Mac users. Palm Desktop took forever to come out for OS X. Setting up syncing with iSync and Entourage can be difficult. Even transferring the photos from the Treo 600's camera to the mac takes a third party program.

But remember, you are not alone. TreoCentral has almost 30,000 users, and thousands of those are mac users. We are proud to launch this new forum to help Treo Mac users talk to each other about anything macintosh related. Are you having trouble setting up something? Do you have a great new application to share? Do you want to rant and rave about the latest Apple product? Do it here.

This is the start of a new effort by TreoCentral.com to support Macintosh users. On our FAQ we have added a "Using the Treo with a Mac" category, so please, add your mac knowledge for others to see there. And we're always looking for news items that are treo-mac related.

Also, for the newbies out there, PalmOne has a newly launched beginner's guide to using the Treo on a Mac here: http://www.palmone.com/us/macintosh/

I look forward to seeing what users have to discuss about here, and we look forward to your comments and suggestions with this effort.

Thank you,

Michael Ducker
    Senior Editor, TreoCentral.com
    michael@treocentral.com
    This is fantastic! Being a Mac user I appreciate any support I can get. GREAT JOB!
    wootie! start the party!!! time for a new bookmark.
    Thanks!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Woo hoo! Thanks TC for acknowledging the needs of your Mac members
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Even though I dont' use a mac, I'm glad this forum exists. It'll keep from cluttering up the useful forums. :-) Just kidding. As a former Mac user, I can appreciate the differences between the two, and it will be easier for all the mac folks to get good answers now that this is here.
    Thank goodness !!! Finally us mac users get the attention we richly deserve.
    65 Post and almost 1000 views in the first 24 hours. Not bad, I think we be on to something here.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    curiosity is a good thing. sometimes.
    Count me in as enthusiastic. I'm going to post my first question now.
    Sweet!
    T180, Pbook G4 550... waiting for BT like everyone else...

(Kurt says he's a "former Mac user".... how unusual! A phrase I've never heard uttered before!)
    -mbd26
    Well It's About Flippin' Time!
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    i Guess I should pos there too. ibook. Waiting for the 650. mostly for bluetooth
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    If you're the moderator, can you do something about the "Palm hates the Mac" thread....it's getting somewhat vitrolic and nothing of substance being posted?
    Good thread. Thanks for the Mac support.
    Shasta (Treo 650)
    This forum is a life saver. Thank you guys
    Hey!!! I've never tought anybody call himself "a former Mac user"!!!
    How come? How would anyone change over from Mac to where and What? :-)
    Seriously : did you give up a Mac?
    Nice to see some support, but a quite forum at best...
    Dead-thread Necromancer
    all I can say is I wished i had bought Missing Sync 3 years ago, I would have saved myself some trouble by not using Palm desktop for Mac
    garinballbarin
    Hi all. I am glad to see this forum. I use a Treo 755P and a Macbook with Missing Sync. I still have lots of problems with synchronization, probably partly because of third party software (Agendus seems to do some funky things with repeating entries).

I am thinking of changing my setup and/or doing drastic things in order to use my Palm effectively and not having to restore all of my database files after every hotsync. Anyway, on to reading, to see what else is going on.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast