Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Requires a service plan but cost is $249 and you get $100 back..

http://shorl.com/dusopresulydri
    Last edited by speedwell; 07/27/2004 at 05:16 PM.
    I think I'm going to be ill.
    Hm. $249 for the phone, -$100 rebate, +$175 early termination fee? $325 + 1 or 2 months of service while you await the rebate?

Ebaaaaaaaay
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    Wow, great deal for new customers! But I love my SPCS plan too much to ever leave.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Sounds like AT&T is clearing out inventory in anticipation of ...the ace maybe????
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    I think AT&T is clearing out inventory in anticipation of.....ceasing to exist.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leakylegsrider
    I think AT&T is clearing out inventory in anticipation of.....ceasing to exist.
    Thats knida silly considering the merger is not yet approved nor are they getting rid of other At&T branded phones.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    Thats knida silly considering the merger is not yet approved nor are they getting rid of other At&T branded phones.
    No more silly than thinking that AT&T will be the first to have the next generation T600.

Its probably more like Amazon.com has a crap load of AT&T branded T600 and wants to get rid of them just like all the other carrier T600 they had sales on.
    Actual cost is pretty expensive if you include the unlimited data service vs. Sprint PCS.

AT&T $49.99 per month * 12 months = $599.88 for the first year
    Sprint PCS $15.00 per month * 12 months = $180.00 for the first year

AT&T is making all their money on the monthly unlimited data fees. I'm sticking with Sprint PCS.
    Merger isn't set to close until Oct., which is a lifetime away in the land of Mergerville.

God, I mean this seems like a long shot but maybe not: what if AT&T had a UMTS/EDGE enable Treo "ACE" they were close to launching and this move was made in anticipation of that? This price drop is a radical, radical shift from the current levels. Surely it indicates something significant...I mean, who would want a T600 if an AT&T UMTS/EDGE enabled Treo Ace was close to launching? Absolutely no one! As AT&T is the only provider of UMTS/EDGE here in the U.S., it makes sense that they would be the only ones dropping their price shorts like this to make way for the big kahuna!
    Off to iPhone land...
    Quote Originally Posted by leakylegsrider
    No more silly than thinking that AT&T will be the first to have the next generation T600.

Its probably more like Amazon.com has a crap load of AT&T branded T600 and wants to get rid of them just like all the other carrier T600 they had sales on.
    I don't think that Amazon.com even had any AT&T Treo 600s in stock till a couple of days ago. So it is unlikley that Amazon.com has excessive inventory; it is more like the old razor/razor blade trick.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    P1 just send an email upgrade offer for the Treo 600. Something is afoot. 1st AT&T then P1. Sure is hard to say no to all of these offers. However I am counting on another upgrade offer for Treo 270, 300 and maybe 600 owners to the ACE. I hope I am right. They offered $200 off for a short period of time last year, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    They offered $200 off for a short period of time last year, right?
    That's right.

It will be interesting to see if they offer the same Ace upgrade discount to T600 owners as they do to 300, 270, and 180 owners. My bet is they offer some type of premium discount to T600 owners.
    Off to iPhone land...
  14. tkn
    They are getting rid of them to switch over to a Sprint MVNO. The deal will go through, the cellular market isn't over-consolidated unlike, say, the desktop OS market. They may also stock up on the Ace, but the CDMA Ace.
    undefinedundefined
    Quote Originally Posted by speedwell
    Requires a service plan but cost is $249 and you get $100 back..

http://shorl.com/dusopresulydri
    Its not $249.00 if its a used phone that isn't even in stock. This is how amazon works. It's new for over $500.00. It's ever as good as it seems!
    Not sure about the Amazon part but it does look as if this is real. Although it would have to be in stock!

We all need a little dirt (life's events) to grow!
    Quote Originally Posted by swaynes.world@c
    undefinedundefined
    Its not $249.00 if its a used phone that isn't even in stock. This is how amazon works. It's new for over $500.00. It's ever as good as it seems!
    What makes you think it isn't new and it isn't in stock?

1) The Amazon web page specifically shows a "NEW" icon next to it.

2) And as the original poster of a similar thread in the General Discusssion" I currently show an Expected Delivery date of 7/30 for the one I purchased.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Has anyone purchased under this promo?
    I had ANOTHER 270 hinge break this morning and in a moment of weakness, I checked out the promo. When I tried any zipcode in the Birmingham area, it said not available.
    Anyone actually get to buy it?
    Well I ordered mine late last night...actually around 12:45 a.m. this morning. Live in tampabay area of florida and amazon said it would ship around 8/11. got home tonight and amazon said it shipped today.

so, yes it is real and yes they do offer it...at least for tampabay, fl with att service.
    best of luck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast