Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Then it's a bug

I don't want only the people in my phonebook to have an MP3 ringer.
    Then my phone will use LW only half the time because in most cases people call me from offices, pay phones and numbers that I may not have saved...I really wanted to elliminate the Midi ringtones but was willing to have just the "no caller ID" calls assigned Midis for the simple fact that I remember Smiley saying that this issue is palm related and not LW.

Is this possible Smiley?
    Can I have LW only not handle the "no caller ID" calls?
    These are the only calls that crash the phone...as long as a number shows up it's fine..it's just when the "no caller ID" calls come in and LW's "do not handle unknown callers" is not ticked off that the treo resets.

Most (or all) programs have bugs. The important thing is that when you do make the developer aware of such bugs, it is fixed.
    And I can more than testify to the fact that LW's been great at it.
    This is truly a great app!
    If this is the case then do this

1. in the Treo prefs in lwav. check "do not handle unknown callers" this includes no callerID and unknown callers.

2. in the Phone app sound->Prefs menu

3. set the unknown caller to a MIDI sound

once you have set this from then on midi sound will be for unknown callers.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Smiley:

If I do the above this is what happens:
    * I get a call from unknown callers -> both Midi and LW plays.
    *I get a call from a "no caller ID" -> Midi plays, LW doesn't.

Do you understand what I mean now?

-I DO want LW to handle the unknown callers (callers not in my address book), I just don't want the Midi to play too.
    -I DO NOT want LW to handle the "no caller ID" as it crashes the phone.

Is this possible?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Smiley88: Can you please acknowledge my situation? I believe my previous posts explain it well enough. If they don't, can you please let me know.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by smithj41
    No major problems here either with 3.0.

The only issue which I deem is very minor is that when I receive mail in snappermail it plays any mp3 on my card even if I do not set an alarm. You can set LWav to play random sound, but in my case snappermail does not have a soundfile selected in lwav. Even if I set a soundfile in the LWav alarm section snappermail still plays a random sound.

I have the same problem but it's with all alerts. After sounding the normal treo alert sound for snappermail or a datebook notice I'll get a full playing of a random wav/mp3 file from lightwave.

-Brad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12