Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Hey guys - currently using a Treo 300 on Sprint - looking to find a way to "push" yahoo mail to the Treo when I receive messages - not just get an SMS, but have a blackberry-like setup.

What software can I use for this? I can buy the $9.99 Yahoo upgrade option, that's not a problem.

Thanks in advance -

--Dan
    If you have Chatter and a Chatter account you can have your yahoo mail forwarded to (for example) a fastmail acct. This will enable a Blackberry-like experience
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    unfortunately i don't have any of those - and I'd like to reply to any email I get to my yahoo account back THROUGH my yahoo account (I'd definitely sign up to be a premium Yahoo user).
    IIRC Yahoo premium only supports POP3, which is designed to be polled and doesnt support pushing. A frequent poll would be about the best you could do with Yahoo, I think.
    Pete
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    really???

if that is true - what's the best software that will handle frequent polling? (I'm currently using Eudora, which is nice and FREE, but I can't set it up to do this.) Keyword is free.
    Yahoo supports via paid access SMS notification of mail. That along with Treo Helper which does work on the Treo 300 will upon setup, trigger the SnapperMail to activate and get mail from the active accounts. Ben
    Try using Aileron by corsoft (www.corsoft.com) , this might help to resolve your issue

Yo.....

James G
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Yahoo supports via paid access SMS notification of mail. That along with Treo Helper which does work on the Treo 300 will upon setup, trigger the SnapperMail to activate and get mail from the active accounts. Ben
    I used that setup on my old Treo300 and now my Treo600 and it works great! Using snappermail+Treohelper, you can setup up sms-triggered pull to your Treo for almost 'push' like functionality with your yahoo acct. Search the forums for more detailed instructions...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by James2004
    Try using Aileron by corsoft (www.corsoft.com) , this might help to resolve your issue

Yo.....

James G
    Though I like and use Aileron, it does not push each and every message. It gives out a notification for the last new message. But I like the fact that I can access my Yahoo mail with attachments without enabling Yahoo POP access. Be good to check on Chatter next week.
    Peter