1.    #1  
    20040731 update: BrightCam v0.3.1 is available for download.

You can get it here with a full tutorial.

BrightCam is a DonationWare, see details on the web page
    Last edited by JFMw; 07/31/2004 at 03:04 AM.
    Great, thanks!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I downloaded this new version and yet my Treo 600 keyboard continues spasmatically lighting up like a Christmas tree. I thought this problem was fixed in this version?
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Do you have plans to make BrightCam work with Profeo Light? I would like it if you could take your max calebration setting from the current profile in Profeo. Is this something that is already in the product or can it be easily added?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Do you have plans to make BrightCam work with Profeo Light? I would like it if you could take your max calebration setting from the current profile in Profeo. Is this something that is already in the product or can it be easily added?
    Natcho and I are currently working on it.

Regards.
    I love this software! My treo needed something like this.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it would be nice to have the option to use the side buttons to change the brightness of the screen. Butler allows us to use those buttons to scroll... but I'd much rather have those buttons control the brightness. This way if an app launches and the screen is too bright we can quickly turn down the brightness.
    Quote Originally Posted by JFMw
    Natcho and I are currently working on it.

Regards.
    That's great! Can't wait to see the finished product. BTW: 2 of my co-workers are running your tool now and are very happy with it. Keep up the good work.
    I love this program too, will donate soon. the h
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    I had to disable it 'cause the 'app switching' function caused my Treo to hang (ie. no response on keypress). I'll re-enable it once fixed the issue.

I love this app too, so please keep on making it more stable!

thank you.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by matro
    I had to disable it 'cause the 'app switching' function caused my Treo to hang (ie. no response on keypress). I'll re-enable it once fixed the issue.

I love this app too, so please keep on making it more stable!

thank you.

Most problems are not "stability", but "compatibility"

A new release v0.3.1 fixes almost all issues, except one with "soundoff 3.0" that still seems to conflict with BrightCam (no more flashing keyboard, no more conflict with KeyG Time...).

Let me know if it helps, and if you notice any problem please send me a message with the application you are using, so that I can reproduce the problem and find a solution
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    I downloaded this new version and yet my Treo 600 keyboard continues spasmatically lighting up like a Christmas tree. I thought this problem was fixed in this version?
    A beta-tester having the same problem than you (looks like the same behaviour) has confirmed that v0.3.1 solved the problem... at least for him. Can I suggest you to download the latest v0.3.1 and confirm if it's also ok for you or not?

Thank you, regards.
    it seems that 0.3.1 fixed my issue, I'll let you know in case of further problems.

while trying BrightCam, I wondered if it consumes more battery on querying the camera: does it have to turn the camera on and off all the time?
    nope, I still have hangs and got to reset my device almost twice a day.

I think three apps may be involved: BrightCam 0.3.1, Phoneview 1.1 and SoundOff 3.1.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by matro
    nope, I still have hangs and got to reset my device almost twice a day.

I think three apps may be involved: BrightCam 0.3.1, Phoneview 1.1 and SoundOff 3.1.
    There's a known issue with SoundOff, I will try to fix it, but I can't say when I will be able (have to reproduce the problem). Maybe you can try to set the "Start delay" option to "1 second", it might help.

Can you try and let me know?

Regards.