Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. tcv
    Hey folks,

I just picked up a Treo 600. I love it. Neat.

Anyhoo, I'd like to get a case for it and some screen protectors.

I'd prefer the case to allow easy access to the device AND the keyboard without the need to completely remove the case.

I'd also like some screen protectors for it.

Any suggestions on both? Also: where can I buy?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    See the blue bar above these messages? On the far right, there is a button labeled "search."

Smash that button, select "discussion" to the right of the place where you enter the search text and type "treo 600 case" or "treo 600 screen protectors." At the next prompt, select messages from the last month (or more.) You will have many opinions.
    Last edited by Treo Dude; 07/26/2004 at 10:28 PM.
  3. tcv
    i don't want opinions. i want truth. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Dude
    See the blue bar above these messages? On the far right, there is a button labeled "search."

Smash that button, select "discussion" to the right of the place where you enter the search text and type "treo 600 case" or "treo 600 screen protectors." At the next prompt, select messages from the last month (or more.) You will have many opinions.
    oooh, aren't you clever.

I absolutely LOVE my Vaja I-Volution
    http://www1.vajacases.com/home_en.html
    It's not cheap, about $85. But it has already paid for itself by saving my (paid $700 for) Treo several times from otherwise catostrophic drops, and you WILL drop it.
    t's every bit as good as it looks, genuine leather, and very well made.
    I like that it protects the device well and still allows full access to everything without taking it out or opening it.
    I have the version without the belt clip (I put it in my pocket) but a belt clip is available.
    Does the Vaja case have a screen protector? or is it just a protective case for the outside edges and back?
    I'd have to agree, I love my I-volution as well. I know some people who aren't crazy about it, since it adds a bit of thickness around the whole unit (they prefer it to be "naked"), but I really like it. The I-volution doesn't add any protection (or interference, depending on how you look at it) for the screen or keyboard, so I'd recommend getting a screen protector as well. The screen protectors they sell in the TreoCentral store are supposed to be just like the Boxwave protectors, and I've never had a problem with them.

I didn't want a case that got in the way of the screen or keyboard, I heard it's a major pain to type with a cover on the keys, so I went with the I-volution. I also got the clipless version and highly recommend it.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just got some screenguardz (http://www.screenguardz.com/) and they work great and aren't $15 for 1 piece of plastic. Funny thing is, I just found them by searching on google. I've had it on for a few days and I'm a happy camper.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    tcv,

The 600 is definitely a great phone!

There are a couple options for screen protectors that Boxwave has to offer depending on what your tastes are like. First there's the original ClearTouch which offers anti-glare. Second, we just released last week, ClearTouch Crystal which retains the clarity of the screen.

I personally prefer the original ClearTouch because of the anti-glare, it also helps to easily clean the screen from all the funk that builds up after putting the Treo 600 to my face. Well, I guess that more info that you would care to know.

Also, if anyone out there has gotten the new ClearTouch Crystal, feel free to let me know any feedback that you may have.

Best Regards,
    Abe
    Hi Boxwave,
    can you tell me if the ClearTouch Crystal single pack only bring one (1) piece inside...the website doesn't really specify it.
    (Reason why I am asking is because most of these packages bring several in the box yet Boxwave's website doesn't specify anything concerning this).

And if so...can you tell me what special plastic Boxwave's product is made of that they would charge $12.95 for a one (1) piece of such said plastic (with adhesive).

Thanks.
    Here Here JoJo....

I have always used screen protectors but 12.95 for one is a bit much. At half the cost I might be inclined to purchase (because I think I may like theirs better) but I don't see the value in paying 12.95 for one of theirs when I can buy three from someplace else for a similar price.
    Well that's the thing.
    I want to verify whether or not there's only one (1) piece inside in the 'single pack'.
    Pack ususally means more than one, however from what I've read in this forum it seems as though only one (1) piece of plastic is in the pack yet I can't be sure because they don't specify it either.

Plus I've been looking through the diff types of screen protectors and none offer the Clear Crystal thing...But I do remember that prior to them coming out with the crystal one they were selling the regular one for the same price...thus the reason I want to know what makes theirs so special???
  13. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Another vote for Vaja. Check the news on the Home page here and it says Palm is going to start carrying the cases.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    JoJo,

The single pack for the ClearTouches does just come with one ClearTouch.

But don't let just a single thing fool you! A lot of people have enjoyed the use of ClearTouch because of it's durability, scratch-resistant material, also it can be washed and reused when necessary. So, being more than just what is thought to be just a plastic sticker, it gives excellent protection to your everyday stylus usage.

As for the different between ClearTouch and ClearTouch Crystal, Crystal is 99% visually transparent, like glass. but it doesn't have the anti-glare feature that is on the regular ClearTouch. I encourage you to check out what others have said about these products, because I'd would be doing the same.

Hope that helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to let me know.

Regards,
    Abe
    I like the Bellagio case w open front panel for access to keyboard and screen without plastic covering them and a Boxwave screen protector.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    One more thing that I forgot. Here's an actual photo of ClearTouch Crystal on glass for the comparison.

ClearTouch Crystal photo

Enjoy,
    Abe
    Thank you Abe for your quick response and clarifying everything for me.
    Then I do think that it is worth it (since it brings more than just one cleartouch) and will be ordering the Crystal ASAP.

I will post my findings (and pray that I don't have as much difficulty putting on as some in here have had).

It would be nice if BoxWave's website would specify how many pieces of ClearTouch one pack has though

Thanks for everything...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hey JoJo,

No problem, I think you will enjoy the ClearTouch Crystal.

I like to tell people that when they buy a single pack, they get one (1) ClearTouch.

Some people like to buy in bulk and and buy a 3-pack, which gives them three ClearTouches at a discounted price.

Regards,
    Abe
    Then I'm confused...I thought you just told me that the single pack doesn't just bring one (1) Cleartouch (piece of plastic) in it...
    That's what part of my question in my first post was

Never mind...I just read your post over again and realized that you said it does...not doesn't...come with one single ClearTouch.

To me that makes no sense...Two at least!..But one!!!
    That is ridiculous...suppose I make a mistake!
    Like so many in here...yes it says that you can simply wash and reuse but according to Gfunk, she tried it and it was a nightmare and had to throw it away because it bent.
    Check here
    There were more people in that thread that had difficulty putting on the ClearTouch (and even had to throw away) than there were successful.
    TC's sells them too at a lot cheaper, and theirs also can be removed and wash and so forth.
    I don't know...I guess if I knew that they are worth it I would buy it no problem as I do not hesitate to pay whatever amount for good quality...but according to the reviews...it doesn't look as though it's any better than the others such as TC's and the other one mentioned in that thread

Perhaps it makes no diff about me ranting on..but I just thought you guys should know.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    JoJo,

I understand your concerns. I have confindence that you would be able to apply the ClearTouch with minimal problems. Also the durability of the ClearTouch will last well throughout the normal use of your PDA, so many times you'll only need one.

How about this? If you try it out and you truely hate it because of our part or if it does not perform to what we say it will offer, then let us know and BoxWave will give you a refund. Just keep in mind that we've received much positive response on this product. Hope that helps to keep your mind at ease.

Regards,
    Abe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast