1.    #1  
    How do you log telephone call messages that you pick-up from an office land-line phone?

Is there a little message pad app or how do you handle recording the need to call so-and-so back? Calendar? To-do? Another? Thanks! Jeff
    Last edited by jeffcovert; 07/26/2004 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typo
    For memos, the built-in memo pad app works fine, although you can search the boards for psmemo, which has 5-way nav support. For quick reminder messages I use soundrec, a free voice recorder app (there are others that have more features, etc. but this one is great for simple reminders). There are also a couple of "sticky note" apps out there that may suit your needs....diddlebug comes to mind.

HTH,
    -Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    "Slap" is nice for a quick note. Also, if you should want to add it to the address book it is easy.
    Laissez Faire
    IMO the ideal solution would be to have a popup-note-like app. (The kind that pops up OVER your current app.) That way you can write stuff down (phone nos, etc.) without ever having to exit the phone app. Would be handy when copying stuff from the web browser as well.

Unfortunately, the only solutions available right now come in the form of DAs. I'd prefer to have a standalone application like SnapCalc that activates immediately upon a combination keypress.
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    IMO the ideal solution would be to have a popup-note-like app. (The kind that pops up OVER your current app.) That way you can write stuff down (phone nos, etc.) without ever having to exit the phone app. Would be handy when copying stuff from the web browser as well.

Unfortunately, the only solutions available right now come in the form of DAs. I'd prefer to have a standalone application like SnapCalc that activates immediately upon a combination keypress.
    I second the need...any ideas out there...will diddle bug do this?

Thanks!
    And where can you get soundrec? I couldn't find it at palmgear.
    PalmPilot, Palm III, Kyocera 6035, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650 (current)
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    You can get it at the following link:

http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by BillK400
    I second the need...any ideas out there...will diddle bug do this?
    I don't think the apps exist because the Palm OS won't let multiple apps run at once. Last I heard that is supposed to change in OS 6. But that is why we have all these 'hacks', no true multitasking.

jim b
    on a Treo 270 so still OS 3x
    Hi-Launcher will work at the same time you are in any application. So it is possible I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcovert
    How do you log telephone call messages that you pick-up from an office land-line phone?

Is there a little message pad app or how do you handle recording the need to call so-and-so back? Calendar? To-do? Another? Thanks! Jeff

Have you tried Call Notes?

http://www.handwave.com/callnotes.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions