Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1.    #101  
    Hello All,

As some of you already know I have been working on v2.0 of FastForward. This week I released a beta version of it. All the information can be found at http://www.razix.com/fastforward.htm.

Razix
    Well, I fold. SPCS is killing me with call-forwarding charges. Didn't think I was getting hit but my new bill came in the mail today and I'm $24 in the hole just for CF.

Thanks for the great ride Razix. It was fun while it lasted.

Can anyone confirm other carriers CF policies? Specifically, does Verizon Wireless charge for CF?? Could be good timing to switch carriers when the T650 comes out and reinstate FastForward at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Well, I fold. SPCS is killing me with call-forwarding charges. Didn't think I was getting hit but my new bill came in the mail today and I'm $24 in the hole just for CF.

Thanks for the great ride Razix. It was fun while it lasted.

Can anyone confirm other carriers CF policies? Specifically, does Verizon Wireless charge for CF?? Could be good timing to switch carriers when the T650 comes out and reinstate FastForward at that time.
    T-mobile gives me 500 minutes of "Call Forward Conditional". Not sure exactly what that term means, but it goes on my bill sometimes. That is on top of the 1000 anytime minutes I have on my plan. Originally I thought they just charged airtime minutes, but then I noticed the forwarded calls were put into that other hopper.

I used to have Sprint PCS and the call forwarding charges were one of many things that annoyed me about Sprint PCS.

Of course, if any of the carriers would just give me decent reception at home, I would switch to them pretty quickly... Right now I would only go with a GSM carrier since I have a GSM Treo 600. But Sprint reception in my house was not usable some of the time, and I don't believe Verizon is any better. And from what people tell me, Cingular and AT&T aren't any better in Atlanta than Tmobile.

NoisyGecko
  4.    #104  
    FYI: Some of my sprint users reported to me that they have unlimited call forwarding however many more reported that they get charged 10 cents a min.

Cingular has unlimited call forwarding for $2.99/mo. or FREE if you combine your cingular bill with your SBC bill.

Most TMobile users reported that they have unlimited free call forwarding.
    Quote Originally Posted by razix
    FYI: Some of my sprint users reported to me that they have unlimited call forwarding however many more reported that they get charged 10 cents a min.

Cingular has unlimited call forwarding for $2.99/mo. or FREE if you combine your cingular bill with your SBC bill.

Most TMobile users reported that they have unlimited free call forwarding.
    Thanks Razix and noisygecko. Appreciate the feedback and heads-up. Will contact my glorious SPCS representative in the morning and find out what it would take for the unlimited CF. And then the hunt is on for the right carrier and plan for the T650. By the way, I am assuming FF will function on the new OS platform and the T650, right?
    Nope. SPCS tells me there is no unlimited call-forwarding program available on either the personal PCS or business PCS services. The rep tells me that if someone claims to have unlimited cf on their account then it is either a very old deal or they're not looking at their bill closely enough. Anyway, thanks for helping. Looks like FastForward is deleted until the new T650 comes for Verizon Wireless. Good time to make the switch to a new phone and more user-friendly carrier (with better reception and clarity to boot). I miss FF already.
  7.    #107  
    BeanTown -

Sorry to hear that about sprint.. I should follow up with the sprint FF users that told me they get unlimited forwarding and find out what the deal is.

As far as your other questions regarding Treo 650 support - I dont have one to test FF on at the moment, but I will support the T650.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat, Razix. Sprint pillaged me for an extra $40 in CF charges. I'm thinking about the T650 for VZ as well....

A damn fine product, none the less.
  9.    #109  
    FastForward v2.0b1 released today.

It can be downloaded from http://www.razix.com/fastforward.htm

Many new features have been added.

-Added Forward Name and Number in popup dialog while forwarding calls-to confirm you hit the right button
    -Added Preferences Menu Item and Dialog
    -Added Timer Delay Preference - so you can set the popup delay anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds
    -Added *72 and *73 options for greater compatibility (only use if you have problems forwarding)
    -Added Timed dialog+preference when turning forwarding off so you can decide to keep forwarding on.
    -Added preferences to set the default on FF popup to "Do Not Forward" when:
    1. default to "do not forward" when headset is plugged in.
    2. default to "do not forward" when carkit is being used.
    3. default to "do not forward" when Treo is not connected to a PC!

I would like to thank everyone for all the wonderful feedback and support.

Razix
    Great job on the new version. I like the new features, especially the option to leave forwar.

One feature request: I would like a button to check the current network status to see if Call Forwarding has the correct status of on or off. It would work the same way as the "Get Status" button in the regular phone app's "Call Preferences" menu.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  11.    #111  
    Thanks Herberman... I will put that feature for you in the next beta release.
    Hey, this is a great program...one thing I would really love would be to be able to set not just a flat call forwarding, but call forwarding if no answer...and maybe even for each of those 3 options in call preferences - When Busy, Not Answered, and Off/No Service. Is this feasible?
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    Razix,

I installed FF today and must say it is a slick program. I have a question though since the PC check isn't working well for me. At work, when I'm plugged into the charging cradle on a windows 2000 machine, it recognizes that I'm connected to a PC ok and defaults to the appropriate profile. But at home on Windows XP using a travel Charge/Sync cable, it isn't recognizing I'm on a computer thus is defaulting to "Do Not Forward" since I have that option turned on when on on a PC. When I connect the phone with the sync cable, I hear the standard windows sound that I've attached a USB device, but FF isn't recognizing it as being tethered to a PC. Is there something that it is looking for specifically? Thanks!
    I see that FastForward now integrates with 2Day! That means when I have call fowarding on in FastForward, and am on my main screen in 2Day, it shows a small "F" to indicate that all calls are forwarded. Very cool.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by outback1972
    Razix,

I installed FF today and must say it is a slick program. I have a question though since the PC check isn't working well for me. At work, when I'm plugged into the charging cradle on a windows 2000 machine, it recognizes that I'm connected to a PC ok and defaults to the appropriate profile. But at home on Windows XP using a travel Charge/Sync cable, it isn't recognizing I'm on a computer thus is defaulting to "Do Not Forward" since I have that option turned on when on on a PC. When I connect the phone with the sync cable, I hear the standard windows sound that I've attached a USB device, but FF isn't recognizing it as being tethered to a PC. Is there something that it is looking for specifically? Thanks!
    Outback -

Sorry for not getting back sooner.. I didnt get an email that there was a new message here.

As far as the PC check, I have to still refine it as I am finding out from user feeback that it does not work on all PC's the same way.. (thats why im beta testing it) I need to work on the code and test it on different systems.

As soon as I have a fix for this I will put it up. thanks for the feedback!
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I see that FastForward now integrates with 2Day! That means when I have call fowarding on in FastForward, and am on my main screen in 2Day, it shows a small "F" to indicate that all calls are forwarded. Very cool.
    Yes it does! I did not mention it anywhere yet.. but the developer of 2Day contacted me to integrate this feature and I was more than happy to work with him on this. great guy! 2Day is a nice peice of software as well.
    Cool Fast forward feature for the 650. I think Fast Forward sounds great and I will probably download it soon. But as an option, while you are in a specific Bluetooth profile area calls would forward. I need this in my classroom as I prefer not to talk on the cell in front of the kids, as they can't use them. I am Lan Admin and am running in and out of my classroom all day. It would be nice if I could keep the phone on my belt but when I was in my classroom, (in a specific bluetooth area) that the calls would forward to the land line.
  18.    #118  
    cglaguna: Good Idea-I will put that on the list.. but will need to get my hands on T-650 first to test.
  19.    #119  
    Put a new version of FastForward 2.0 out today.

This one has the scheduling enabled.

You can download it at: http://www.razix.com/fastforward.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by razix
    Put a new version of FastForward 2.0 out today.

This one has the scheduling enabled.

You can download it at: http://www.razix.com/fastforward.htm

Razix- FastForward is a great program, but the call forwarding charges are killing me! Last month (at 35 cents/min) AT&T charged me an extra $140 for calls that were forwarded to my office! This is crazy! I don't see why they should charge extra for call forwarding if the extra minutes don't exceed the limits of the plan. AT&T has very poor coverage at my office, so I signed up for AT&T's Business Productivity Package ($8.99/mo). At least this gives me the flexibility of having my calls ring in multiple locations- like my office.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456