1.    #1  
    Very odd.

All of a sudden today I couldn't get Pocket Tunes to play any sound on my T600. I could see that the sound files were playing in Pocket Tunes but nothing was playing out of the speaker.

It wasn't a speaker issue because I checked midi tones and they came through the speaker just fine. Is there a mute button in Pocket Tunes that I don't know about and might have possibly hit by accident? I didn't have the phone set to silent so I know that wasn't the cause.

I tried a soft reset but it didn't help so I restored my Treo from last night's back up and the problem went away. I'd just like to avoid it happening again.
    It sounds like there was a glitch with the Treo thinking that headphones were plugged in.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, that would make sense. I wonder what would have caused it though. I hadn't used headphones since yesterday.
    Make sure your balance is set to center. The main speaker doesn't play stereo... only one channel (or a mix?) so if set all one way or the other it won't play.
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannoz
    Make sure your balance is set to center. The main speaker doesn't play stereo... only one channel (or a mix?) so if set all one way or the other it won't play.
    I think that may have been it. I had recently installed the new hi-fi Pocket Tunes skin and it's a little hard to figure out sometimes. I'll bet I moved the balance by mistake.
    i had tihs problem several times a couple of months ago. my solution?

taking my treo off silent mode. don't know why it took so long to figure that out!