1.    #1  
    PAR Pro has been released with many new features such as winzip compatible compression, beam and send, set voice memo to alarm, append multiple memos into one, rewind and fast forward, create folders.

click here www.toysoft.ca/par.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    When might we see the update for the regular version?
    i found a small issue with the p.a.r pro version. when you create a voice memo and save it to the default audio folder, it doesn't save the file unless you delete the '-' out of the filename
    another thing that i've noticed after upgrading to the par pro version, my treo doesn't seem to turn off anymore by the 'auto-off after' setting under preference - general. i had to uninstall par pro, soft reset, then reinstall it.

note: this may occur when you change the auto-record button to power because it didn't start to happen until i started playing around with the one-button record feature
    I noticed the same auto-off problem with the regular version when I assigned it to the power button. I quit using the one-button feature 'cause it had a bad interaction problem with the launcher I use - CoLauncher. The problem is on the CoLauncher side.

So, Danny, I am interested in the upgrade and will do so later today. Ben
  6.    #6  
    Version 2.5 has been released. PAR PRO now supports high resolution for the Treo650 and Tungsten.

www.toysoft.ca/par.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    mVoice 2.0 has been released too and it works better than PAR.

Al
  8.    #8  
    Totally rewritten with new interface. support for multiple cards and LifeDrive/
    Perfect tool for Podcasting.

www.toysoft.ca/par.html
    can you save to your sd card with PAR?
    Was thinking about this program when I have more money...
    http://www.audiost.com/advrpro.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Was thinking about this program when I have more money...
    http://www.audiost.com/advrpro.htm
    I have it and enjoy it. There are many features I have yet to use. But I find myself using mVoice's one-button recording and easy-to-use interface more often. And now that I've upgraded my SD card from 256mg SD to the 1gig Lexar, recordings to the card are flawless and smooth.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by striperbooter
    can you save to your sd card with PAR?
    Yes you can. if you have a Treo650 you can even save to the Hidden volume (NVFS) but then you lose RAM. PAR supports multiple cards found on the LifeDrive.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I downloaded the trial version. It is advertised to work for voice dictation and mentions the Dragon brand software. Personally, I could not get it to work with Dragon software. Has anyone done it? How? I recorded a short memo without any problems. I then emailed myself the memo. However, when the memo arrived, it was a "wav.pdb" file with two extensions. Dragon could not read the file. Does anyone know how to convert the "wav.pdb" to a wav file? I checked the PAR Pro website and read the manual but did not see it mentioned anywhere.
    When it is saved to the SD card, it is saved as a "wav" file and that is the one that Dragon works with. In main memory, the file has to be a "pdb" file in order to be used.
    Ben
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    When it is saved to the SD card, it is saved as a "wav" file and that is the one that Dragon works with. In main memory, the file has to be a "pdb" file in order to be used.
    Ben

Perfect! You were right: once I loaded the file to the SD card, it was a piece of cake to email.
    Yep, it's a restriction of the Palm OS - in main memory it's a pdb and on the SD it's a WAV unless copied over by a utility such as FileZ. Anyway, I use PAR Pro in conjunction with my bluetooth setup (on a Sprint Treo 600 - a Jabra A210 and a Motorola HS850 or HS805) and am pleased with the results. Sometimes though I have to really lower the volume down. Ben